Best camera app?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by calviin, Oct 9, 2011.

1. calviin macrumors regular

I just bought an iPhone 4S. Are there such apps with the features below? *Can be seperate apps.
    1. "Professional" app? Ie. Changing aperature/shutter speed?
    2. Filters. Ex. Instagramish?
    3. Timelapse. with 1080p preferably and the ability to use slow shutter speeds.

2. TonyBaloney macrumors regular

*sidenote: The iPhone 4S has a fixed aperture of f/2.4. As for an app that can simulate different apertures, I do not know...

3. Jantelagen macrumors regular

Jantelagen

Camera+ is a good app for any iPhone photographer around. It's got a great interface with many options, and as a bonus, there's filters you can choose the intensity of. Pretty cheap, too.

4. YaBoiD macrumors regular

YaBoiD

+1 for Camera+

5. AML225 macrumors regular

I actually didn't like Camera+ at all. I'm a big fan of hipstamatic, if you play around with the right lens/film combination you can get some really great photos.

6. bryanjc macrumors regular

I dont like either camera + or Instagram, i don't like either of the retro filters, which are everywhere.

Checkout Pictureshow, thats become my default photo app.:cool:

7. Jantelagen macrumors regular

Jantelagen

Agreed - but I prefer the combination. Hipstamatic for the "authentic feel" (nevermind that the app is pure emulation of analog cameras :D), there's something about not being able to apply the best looking filter afterwards that just feels more real.

With that in mind, sometimes I feel that the square format Hipstamatic produces in combination with the obligatory lenses which do alter a photo a great deal, I think it can seriously ruin a photo. Especially wide views which benefits from widescreen format. For that, I use Camera+ with the golden ratio crop.

There's reason to have them both on your homescreen.

8. Rob.S, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011

Rob.S macrumors newbie

I like ProCamera for its independently adjustable focus and exposure zones, white balance lock, built in "ProLab", "ProFx", and "ProCut" editors, rapid fire, zoom, anti-shake options..

I also like AccuSmart Camera very much for it's wonderful post-processing enhancement / correction (not special effects). My "GoTo" camera app; I prefer it when I don't need the independent zones in ProCamera.

Film Lab has MANY MANY film emulations.

Iris has a very large selection of adjustable effects to chose from.

9. reck macrumors newbie

I wish there was a faster way to get to your camera app of choice (Hipstamatic camera+ etc). By the time you've turned your phone on, swiped and entered your pin, gone to the location on your phone with the camera app and launched it, the moment has passed.

I just want to be able to launch it straight from the lock screen without even having to enter my passcode.

10. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

11. Juggie305 macrumors member

how about for video editing?

(free is nice too)

12. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

Camera Plus Pro is great, but after I get the iPhone 4s I'll probably just stick with the camera app and utilize other apps for post processing.

13. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

2. If you want Instagram-esque filters, is there anything wrong with using Instragram? I'm sure that would be the closest to Instagram.

3. There are a bunch of time lapse apps. Just search "Time Lapse" on the app store and you'll get a ton. Not sure which are the best, but the reviews should help, and they all get the job done.