Best Camera you Have with You (iPhone)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appler8, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Appler8 macrumors member

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Camera-One-Thats-You/dp/0321684788

Some of you have probably already seen this, but I just wanted to share it to people who haven't because it brings up great points about the importance of the iPhone camera, and the book is filled with beautiful, artistic pictures taken from a photographer using his iPhone 3Gs. Awesome book and concept.

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

This is so true. I've taken many more good pictures because of my iPhone simply because it's always with me and I can edit and post them on the fly. What an amazing age we live in!

3. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

This is probably true of any modern smartphone. Just saying...

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

It totally is.

5. Appler8 thread starter macrumors member

He didn't make the book to say that the iPhone is specifically a great camera, but to tell people that there are so many awesome pictures to be shot with our phones and we should take advantage of it. Also, it's a statement on how it's "not the camera but the photographer". You can make some amazing photos from simple camera phones.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I wasn't making a statement about the book... I think Apple used this at their keynote. The iPhone is the best camera most people have with them. I bet that's true. Any device with a camera on it is likely the best camera that given person has on his person.

7. deeddawg macrumors 604

This is a key point many people forget; it is really the "nut behind the camera" who makes the most difference. So often people go buy bigger fancier cameras hoping for better pictures when their existing cameras are perfectly capable.

Certainly there are situations where a camera-phone just can't achieve the desired result (shallow depth of field, perspective compression, long optical zoom, high burst rate, etc) but the camera is certainly capable of creating very nice pictures in the right hands.

And lastly, as pointed out -- *any* camera is better than *no* camera. A poor photo of something meaningful is always better than no photo of the person or event.

8. ShionoyaTamaki macrumors 6502

iPhone4S camera is good enough for me to ditch carrying around a Canon PowerShot SD1100 for quick shots. I actually find myself taking more pictures because it's so quick to take a shot. I even take pictures of my receipts and stuff lol.

If I know i'll be taking a lot of pictures a head of time I'll still bring along my dSLR, but this doesn't happen as often.

9. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia