Best Carrier in Houston Area

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cristovao, Sep 27, 2013.

1. cristovao macrumors 6502a

cristovao

There's a good chance I'll be moving to Houston in the near future and although my phone will likely be carried by my employer, I'd like to find out who is the best carrier in the Houston area for my wife.

Thoughts?

----------

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum. Mods, please feel free to move elsewhere if needed. Thanks!

2. pudcraft macrumors regular

Welcome to Houston!

AT&T has the strongest/fastest LTE in Houston (IMHO). However, Verizon isn't lagging behind. They are fairly equal here. Just don't expect to go to a basketball or football game and be able to upload a picture taken while at the game. The networks get SUPER congested and well...that sucks.

Sprint - never liked it here or anywhere for that matter //please dont flame
    T-mobile - Has a good presence here, but you will notice the second you leave the city on the signal strength, speed etc.

There is your 4. Now, if you are a no-contract person then you may want to get AIO wireless a shot. I am with AT&T, but once I determine which 5s i'm keeping (16gb or 64gb), then I will switch to AIO Wireless. They use AT&T's towers, but less expensive and a cap on data speeds. However, I hear they are pretty good and the data speed cap sometimes doesn't apply o.0

3. cristovao thread starter macrumors 6502a

cristovao

Cool, thanks for the info. We're in the early stages of discussion transferring me from Calgary to Houston but it could happen by the end of the year or early next year (although ask my wife and she'd rather not spend another winter here...HA!)

4. Sixth Street macrumors member

5. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

I didn't know Sprint was even a smartphone option anymore in 2013?

6. mrdave543 macrumors member

As mentioned, don't get Sprint..

Also for anyone looking for iPhone, galleria best buy had a few as of 20 min ago

7. Lammercy macrumors regular

Welcome to the Bayou City!!!

AT&T - works best in the city

Verizon - works just as well as AT&T

Sprint - works well for me but can't recommend to everyone. Still waiting on LTE to hit the entire city but the places where it's already established is lighting fast.

T-Mobile - can't recommend them either. 3G is still not fully deployed for iPhones here on their network. Girlfriends IPhone drops down to EDGE/2G as soon as we leave the inner loop and only picks back up where the 3G has been deployed.