Best clear film to prevent scratches and scuffs?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Muscle, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Muscle macrumors regular

Hello forum,

First post so be gentle :)

Just purchased (and switched to mac) a mbp 15" i7 and want to baby the hell out of it. Been searching the forum / web for the best clear film available out there. A lot of forum members seem to prefer wrapsol due to it's matte naked like texture. I've also stumbled across invisible shield and bodyguardz but they seem to all be of the shinier texture.

My only problem with wrapsol is that the complete kit does not provide coverage for the sides; namely the front 1" margin where the indentation of the cover opening is and the sides where the various ports are. Not sure how big of a problem this is, so hopefully some users can chime in here.

Also, would the wrist shield that comes with wrapsol's kit be adequate for protection from daily usage? Would I have to purchase the moshi wrist guard on top of the wrapsol? I know the surface of the track pad is identical to the surfaces found on the ipads and iPhones, does this mean a protection is not needed for the track pad? I'm worried that daily usage would eventually buff out the track pad, which is what happened to my previous laptop.

Thanks in advance :)

2. c7aea macrumors regular

3. Muscle thread starter macrumors regular

Do they come with film for all 4 1" side margins?

4. c7aea macrumors regular

They are custom cut for each device they fit. I have a non unibody 17" MBP and mine wraps up and covers the sides where the ports are. Take a look at Zagg.com for them.

5. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I have a bestskinsever shield on my MBP. It does, in fact cover the front and sides of the MBP (where the I/O ports are, etc...) They can be bought here for the 15" model.