best clear plastic film for front of itouch...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by fobdout, Oct 3, 2008.

1. fobdout macrumors newbie

hey all. i bought three front films to protect the front glass of the ipod touch. however, all of them have been a disappointment. they don't completely cover the whole front face of the ipod and they all measure a little small so there's about a 1mm gap all along the end of the plastic film and the front edge of the ipod. i'm looking for a film that covers the face all the way to the reflective rim of the touch... did anyone find a film like that??

my plan is to use a plastic film for the front, and use a zagg-like plastic for the back.

the ones i've bought are:

clarivue
    power support crystal film
    clear protector (zagg imitation)

2. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

3. baseball-kid8 macrumors member

4. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

May I ask why some of you go through such lengths to cover the glass on the Touch when the glass is almost scratch proof?

5. baseball-kid8 macrumors member

It covers the back and protects it from scratches as well. Mine is not so much for the front than the back. If they would have had a back only package I would have got it but they dont.

6. jrnewhouse macrumors member

jrnewhouse

I have the Power Support Crystal Film set, and I really like it. So far, it has held up very well (no scratches), and I haven't had to clean it off once. The screen still looks nice and clear after months of use. ;)

7. robby818 macrumors 6502a

power support is probably the best option if you want it to appear like there is nothing on it. i contacted them re the new ipod touch and they said it would be two more weeks til they release the new protectors (this was a week ago). Also, they are dropping the rear protector.

I've used the others on the rear of my iphone...i don't think i'd like the grippy feel on the front although maybe fingerprints would be less visible.

8. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

It's called "I paid a lot of frickin' money for this damned thing and I'd be extremely peeved beyond my ability to explain adequately if for some reason I scratched this screen."

Or words to that effect. :) It's a device, meant for mobile use primarily, can be in your pocket, etc, so it deserves some protection that makes it last longer and protects it.

What's so tough to comprehend about that?

9. therealdt macrumors regular

I use a sock, and not those 30 bucks for a sock. I place my 2G in a nice, clean and warm ankle sock.
    Works great