Best combination?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NickPhamUK, Jun 16, 2013.

1. NickPhamUK, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2013

NickPhamUK macrumors 6502

NickPhamUK

I'm entering university next year, and am thinking of purchasing either:
    1. iPhone 64GB + MBA 256GB
    2. iPhone 16GB + iPad 64GB/128GB + MBA 128GB
    Which cost roughly the same. I still have plenty of time to think, and I just want to ask, if you were me and had the budget, which option would you aim for? (I don't bootcamp, btw).

P/S: Please don't bring up PC or Android suggestions cuz I've owned them all and I just want the next batch of electronic products to be from Apple :eek:.

2. james1758 macrumors regular

james1758

If its just for uni, then I would suggest not bothering with an iPad, but instead getting a 32gb iPhone and the macbook air.

Since they were released I've always had 32gb iPhone because of the amount of music I have.

And the macbook air is perfect for university!

----------

and as far as the macbook air goes I would suggest definitely going for 8gb RAM upgrade, stick with the i5 processor (leave the i7) but also possibly upgrade to 256gb storage :)

3. jer04 macrumors regular

jer04

If you won't have any textbook on inkling, MBA + iphone is pretty much enough in my opinion. Even if you do, they have a web version, but on iPad the experience is much better.

I had an iPad 3rd gen when I was in my first year, it was sitting there doing most of the time, so I sold it. Now I want an iPad mini for some of my textbooks on inkling....but other than that I don't think I will use it for anything else.