Best connection from MBP to LG monitor...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sboychuck, Jun 12, 2019 at 10:34 AM.

1. sboychuck macrumors regular

So, I have a new 15-inch MBP with the Vega 20 graphics and 32GB of RAM, and it will be paired with an LG 27-850-W monitor.

I have three connection options; (1) USB-C/Thunderbolt to Display Port at the monitor, (2) Apple AV adaptor from the MBP to HDMI to the monitor, or (3) USC-C/ Thunderbolt to the USB-C at the monitor.

All three seem to be an option, but what would be the best option for quality and zero connection issues?

Thoughts???

Thanks in advance.

2. guzhogi macrumors 68030

guzhogi

IMO, from best to worst, 3, 1, and finally 2. 3, if it works, has the least amount of adaptors, and would allow you to use any USB ports on the monitor. 1 has a minimum of adaptors, but you might not be able to use any USB ports (or other ports your monitor may have). 2 will work, but I'm not a big fan of adaptors since you might not get full compatibility/quality.

3. sboychuck thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for the reply. I have access to all three scenarios, so I will see which one give me the best reliable connection and get back to the forums.

4. guzhogi macrumors 68030

guzhogi

I'm the kind of the person who likes as direct & high quality/feature-rich solution as possible, hence why I ordered them the way I did. Hope all goes well!