Best CRM (Contact Relationship Management) for Real Estate Agents?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Nvsimpson, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Nvsimpson macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted

I am a Real Estate agent switching from a PC to Mac (yeah!!) as soon as the iMac is updated. The CRM (Contact Relationship Management) software I was going to invest in (Top Producer) is not Mac friendly. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!!!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The Mac options for CRM apps are sadly lacking. Best recommendation: run your Windows-based CRM on your Mac by installing Windows via Boot Camp or use Parallels or VMware Fusion.

If you don't have a Windows license, you can use CrossOver to run some applications. Not all Windows apps are compatible with CrossOver. Check their site for compatible apps.

For more information about running Windows on your Mac, check out the Windows on the Mac forum.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If you're using your computer for work and need a decent CRM suite (like real estate agents typically do) you might as well just buy a Windows machine. It's pointless to spend the premium for a Mac and have to buy a copy of Windows and Parallels/VMWare when a Windows machine will do everything you need it to natively.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Yep, you can look for another online, web-based CRM that will work on ANY browser (I'd check for mobile functionality as well). Take a look at RealtyJuggler.

If you've got your heart set on a Mac and want to run Top Producer on Windows inside the MacOS, a free alternative to Parallels or VMWare Fusion is "VirtualBox".

5. Mac In School macrumors 65816

I think the Mac ones are few and far between because developers don't want to invest time and money into a genre that's been migrating to Web-based systems for quite some time now. Things like Sales Force, Zoho and a slew of others seem to be eating up the CRM marketshare.

6. carboncocoa macrumors member

carboncocoa

Daylite by Marketcircle

I'm not sure if anyone has tried this before, but there's a very Mac and iOS friendly CRM package called Daylite. It also integrates with their other software, Billings, which can act as a companion.

http://marketcircle.com/daylite/

7. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

I would say Daylite which is very good. Otherwise go online with Salesforce or SugarCRM.

8. Willieo macrumors newbie

I've got a new MacBookAir and never thought about CRM, how does it work? I really need to spend some more time with my new beloved MBA...

9. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

A crm is a software used to follow up your relationships witg leads, contacts or clients.

10. garybUK Guest

garybUK

A Good PHP/Apache/MySQL CRM Solution is vTiger, it's free but needs some setting up... i've never got it running on OSX, but I have it running on a FreeBSD 9 Box.

11. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

vTiger is good too I've heard. It's a fork of SugarCRM.

12. Mac in Black macrumors newbie

I'm in the same position. I've been a Top Producer user for the past 8+ years and have been limping along using it through Windows via BootCamp since I dumped my Dell PC about 2 years ago.

Top Producer is very convoluted to use, but it does so much that I've stuck with it. Every 6 months or so I search around for other options that might be worth switching to. Until now, I haven't found any truly viable options.

I found this company, but haven't researched them thoroughly yet: http://www.ixactcontact.com/

The company seems to be targeting Mac users specifically and the interface looks similar to TP. So is pricing.

I'm not happy with the 1,000/mo mass email limitation. After that, you need to buy credits.

I'll probably do the 5 week free trial first to see if I like it.

If anyone has experience with Ixactcontact, would love to hear your thoughts...

13. nanoboy macrumors member

I'm just about getting started to using CRM. As of a review from 2012, "Elements CRM" appears promising - simple user interface, has a full iPad / iPhone app that works just like the desktop version. Going to visit customers with just an iPad I see is the future.

Anyone has any experience?

14. nanoboy macrumors member

15. oysteins macrumors newbie

Hi
    You could maybe have a look at this one. http://www.superoffice.us/platform-and-technology/platform--technology/

16. Auctionguy macrumors newbie

i switched to Mac in Jan and have never looked back. I am a broker and auctioneer with a team concept office. I have researched several crm's the last couple of months, even signed up for some free trials, i am experimenting wih Planplus online for real estate by Franklin Covey. I have paid so im locked in and committed so here we go. Im very satisfied so far! Sometimes you just have to take the plunge and quit researching, or at least thats what i did.