Best Day Ever! Pics inside

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BlackBook88, Sep 21, 2012.

1. BlackBook88, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012

BlackBook88 macrumors member

Ok I could barley sleep last night in anticipation of the launch! Every single phone launch I've done something to avoid the crowd. I always go to the corporate Verizon wireless location inside select BJ's wholesale clubs. I arrived at BJ's at 8am they opened at 9. There was one middle age guy playing with an iPad waiting outside. I parked up and waited for the store to open. We chatted and he said that they had 15 iPhone 5's inside and we were the only two waiting and just one mile away was a Verizon retail store with 100+ people lined up around the building.
    From then until opening about 10 others showed up. When we got inside I had a huge dissapointment. They had no 64GB models and only had the 32 in black. I was set on white and seeing the black model confirmed my decision. The black one looks like a droid. The front is slick but the back and sides are so 90's. Reminds me of the bulky generation two macbook black edition. I also am afraid over time that maybe dropping the phone lightly even with a case on or two much friction in the pocket with keys and coins could cause the black anodized aluminum band to have silver showing through making the phone look worn out and damaged. The white is sleek with the silver chrome aluminum band almost looks like a piece of jewelry. It matches the power lightening cord and headphones, and white just reminds me of apple as a company and futuristic technology. The back is put together perfectly I love the aluminum back with white glass on the top and bottom. The back material is exactly like the macbook pro and just feels great on the hand when holding the phone. Truly an astonishing job of engineering and cosmetic and ergonomic design went into designing to white iPhone 5.

I was stuck with a 16GB white iPhone 5. After BJ's while in line at Dunkin Donuts I used siri to find a verizon wireless store. I called a store on the way home and they happened to have one iPhone 5 left, they had a white 64GB model. I told them Id be right over and could they please hold it. He said they couldn't hold it and if I wanted it to come fast and to ask for Jesse when I got there. It took me almost 15 minutes to get there had to wait for my coffee :D . I Drove to the store like I had a wife going into labor in the passenger seat. I walked in and I asked for Jesse. I asked please tell me you have the 64 GB white iPhone 5. He's like dude I think thats gone i'll go check. He goes in the back and comes out with the it! I was so happy. I exchanged the one I purchased from the BJ's Verizon and paid and extra 250$ for the 64GB. I paid full retail for the phone so I got grandfathered into unlimited LTE and data with my Verizon iPhone 5.

The screen size increase isn't a lot on paper. In reality we went from 3.5 to 4.0 but it makes a world of difference. The phone feels amazingly proportional. With the screen being longer but no wider now mean the iPhone has achieved 16.9 aspect ratio perfect for gaming and film viewing. The a6 chip is extremly snappy, the colors on the screen are vivid and images are natural. The camera is quicker and takes even better photos then the 4s, and panorama photos are cool as hell!

Well today couldn't of gone more perfect. I love the phone. Case suggestions would be great. I may ghost armor the thing not sure yet. The phone really goes great with Retina Macbook Pro.

Pics taken with my old 4s that is now for sale.

Attached Files:

2. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

3. BlackBook88 thread starter macrumors member

hahaha whoops

4. SaltedV8 macrumors member

Whatever. That totally looks staged. ;)

5. It'sMyPrecious macrumors regular

Cool, the iPhone 5 camouflages well with the MBP!

6. thrill5one6 macrumors regular

thrill5one6

Finally a winning story. Lots of disappointment today

congrats

mmm Ciroc

7. Fontane macrumors regular

That sure is a beautiful phone you have and a nice setup. Congrats.
    I kind wish I got the white instead of the black! Yikes! :eek:

8. mojo pin macrumors regular

mojo pin

Good to hear that it went so well for you! I felt like I totally lucked out too. I couldn't sleep last night either because I was kinda anxious that I wouldn't get one and would then have to wait 3 weeks for an online order. I didn't get to my Verizon store as early as I'd hoped, and when I showed up there was already a line. They gave me my number and when I finally got called to the counter about an hour later, I was sure they wouldn't have the 32GB in white that I wanted! (I was told they only received 24 phones total.) But as luck would have it, I got the very last one in that color and size! And I've also been very fortunate in that it's working just fine and there are no physical imperfections. After reading all these threads about receiving damaged units, I realize how lucky I really am! I feel bad for those people. It really sucks to look forward to something so much and have then something like that happen! Very disappointing.

Your phone looks great! Congrats!

9. BlackBook88 thread starter macrumors member

I like the black one a lot don't get me wrong but I know if its mine it will get scratched on the black aluminum at least once and that one scratch will drive me crazy. I also just preferred white. Don't have buyers remorse now you bought the phone you wanted. You chose black for a reason when you had the decision to make, so don't have second thoughts now that will only lower your enjoyment and experience with the phone.

10. Fontane macrumors regular

You're spot on..thanks!

11. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

12. tarheel3559 macrumors newbie

Must have been because of the Ciroc....:D

13. SlyMac macrumors 6502

Good to hear you're as happy with your white iPhone as I am with my black one. Overall it was a pretty good morning....Except for the 10am meeting I had to go to.

14. r6rider macrumors newbie

Can't wait for mine! and nice Shoei! That's my favorite helmet. What do you ride?

15. ingramLee macrumors regular

Great photos!! Makes me so happy I got Black!!

16. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Is that a dent in the same corner as the power button, on the antenna/band, or is it just an image artifact?

17. KittiFatale macrumors member

KittiFatale

Please take more UHQ pics like these of the white iPhone 5! I just love drooling over it. Can't believe I have to wait a week for it!

18. JTToft macrumors 68040

It would be great if you would take some more pictures of your phone!

I'm really torn between the white and black. I can't decide which to get.

19. BlackBook88 thread starter macrumors member

no dents no scratches or scuffs phone is flawless 10/10 apple really upped their quality control

----------

08 Suzuki GSXR 750. get the uclear helmet bluetooth system. It will sync bluetooth and play music and voice calls, gps, and voice commands in your helmet. Its amazing.

Yes I will I'll also take pics as i get more accessories for it and if I decide to go with ghost armor.

If your torn between white and black. Go with white trust me. I will take pictures though. The only people who should get black should plan to never let the band get scratched or just really have a taste for the black look.

20. It'sMyPrecious macrumors regular

I'm getting the white! The store had one last white phone and it's reserved for me.

For the 4s I had the black and I've been wishing I got the white for a long time. Now is my chance. Yay.

21. chokem macrumors 6502

22. BlackBook88 thread starter macrumors member

I paid full retail. I did that on purpose to get free unlimited data grandfathered in from my previous contract.

23. BlackBook88 thread starter macrumors member

More pictures as requested!

Attached Files:

24. chokem macrumors 6502

Still jealous. :D

25. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

Thanks for the tip, next year I and half of MR will be in line more than an hour ahead of time... ahead of you :)