Best deal for a 2.4ghz or 2.53ghz MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by catgo, Mar 16, 2009.

1. catgo macrumors member

Where can I find the best deal for one of these two models besides the apple refurb store?

Also, do you think the price of the 2.53 model at the refurb store will go down since the 2.66 came out?

Thanks

2. NickM macrumors 6502

Try eBay.
    I got my brand new 2.53, 4gb RAM, 320gb HDD, etc. for $1999...
    Woulda payed $2499 plus a couple hundred more in tax from a store.

3. catgo thread starter macrumors member

I've had some bad experiences with ebay in the past so I am a little hesitant to look at ebay. I know that this is problably the place where I can get the best deal but I would prefer a respected online store or a retailer with a good deal.

I would love for apple to lower the price on the 2.53 refurb model since the new one is out.

Thanks

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

eBay, just be sure to read some feedback (recent one) and you should be fine. I have never had a problem with eBay, yet. However, if you want another way, the Apple Refurb sore already has some in stock and last I checked, the 2.53GHz models were very affordable compared to their last pricing of $2499.

5. pyromaniaque macrumors 6502

The user James Cole is selling his for $1900. I was planning on buying it, but only if it hadn't sold in three months. He's only used it like ten hours max.

6. Reverendrun macrumors newbie

I'm kinda in the same boat as you op. Want a Macbook Pro but I'm looking for somewhat of a deal.

When the new 2.66 came out I thought they dropped the refurb 2.53 $100 to $2099, so I don't think it'll go any lower.

I've seen some decent deals on Ebay for a new Unibody 2.53 w/ 320GB 7200RPM HDD and Applecare for $2299, but can't seem to find one anymore.

There's also a deal for the Unibody 2.66 w/ 320GB 7200RPM HDD for $2299 - no Applecare on this one though. (Link Here)

The seller for the 2.66 seems pretty trustworthy if you look at all their auctions. Pretty much only deals w/ Apple products.

Let us know if you find a decent deal.