Best Deals on RAM! (Post here if you have good deals on RAM to share)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by techlover828, Dec 2, 2007.

1. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

Hey Guys,

I'm not sure if this will work, but it seems like there are a lot of threads popping up about good deals on RAM, so I thought that maybe this would be a good idea to have all the great deals on one thread. Maybe this could even become a sticky if we get enough deals :).

Anyways, post away, I'll look around for some deals that have already been posted in other threads.

Here's one to start, I'll post more.

2. jneckert macrumors member

Nice find except for the mail-in rebate. OWC has a good deal on 4GB kit with instant rebate.

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other World Computing/53IM2DDR4GBK/

3. CrEsTo macrumors 6502

CrEsTo

is pqi reliable at all?

Because, that's an amazing deal.

4. techlover828 thread starter macrumors 68020

techlover828

idk, but they have a lifetime warrenty and frys has a good return policy so I can't see how you can go wrong.

5. aiterum macrumors 6502

aiterum

If you don't want to have to deal with a mail in rebate, you can get them from newegg at 40 dollars each, with free shipping on them.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=20-141-297

Also I've never heard of frys before, but have used Newegg several times and know of them to be quite reliable. (Newegg that is. I've never heard of PQI until reading this thread)

6. MEGASUPA macrumors newbie

7. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

Frys.com has a terrible rating at the retailer rating sites, probably not the best idea to go there unless you walk into the store. Newegg on the other hand is one of the highest rated online retailers around.

8. heatmiser macrumors 68020

It would be easier if we didn't make blind links in this thread, and just listed what the deal was, how much it cost, and a link to retrieve the offer.

Actually, it would be better if we all just went to Newegg and sorted the PCR-5300 memory packages by price and looked for the amount we needed that way. At least for people in the US, this offers *BY FAR* the best combination of price, availability, speed, and reliability. That's all I'll say in this.

9. iCube macrumors 6502

Attached Files:

10. gorby macrumors 6502

Geez, RAM is dropping price by the day. 4GB at OWC was $120 I believe back when I first got my iMac, which was only early Nov.

11. je1ani macrumors 6502

Yeah I paid $150 for OWC Ram back in October

12. ankurr macrumors newbie

13. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a

DesignerOnMac

your owners manual will tell you the type of RAM you need. Buy RAM that is reputable, and not an unknown name.

OWN has good RAM and pricing. On a side note: On the rebate on mailing in your old RAM, OWC sent me a check within 2 weeks!

14. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

I have a selection of UK deals in the thread in my sig!

Check it out!

15. Megatron macrumors regular

Check out www.dealram.com

It lists current ram prices from a whole lot of different companies and updates regularly.