Best Dell Monitor for MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by crisito, Jan 5, 2010.

1. crisito macrumors regular

I'm looking for the best Dell monitor for my MacBook Pro. I'm happy with 22" or 24".

I'm considering the 2209WA - seems to have very good reviews and costs around £300 ($480).

Any others I should consider? It must be height adjustable.

Also, I'm used to using glossy displays and have noticed that now when I look at matte displays, they seem to have a 'wet' look to them. Anyone else find this? Can anyone tell me does the 2209WA have this? I know that even the 30" Apple Display has the 'wet' look which is distracting and annoying.

2. scubasteve03 macrumors regular

I went with the Dell 2409W which so far for me has been wonderful It's not an IPS panel, but for just the basic browsing and movies it is perfect. It has a beautiful picture IMO. As long as you are not doing any professional photo editing you should be good. I think it looks very accurate. I really like the 24" Ultrasharp, but it is still having problems with dithering and a purplish haze to it even in the second rev. I would have gone with the Apple LED but it's too reflective for my sunny office. By the way, the 2409 has a nice Matte screen that does not look "wet" to me. What's your budget for the monitor?

3. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Without telling us why you need it, we can't really tell you what's good. I bought a 19" Widescreen monitor from Best Buy like 3 years ago for just over $100, and for my purposes it's amazing.

Uh...

4. crisito thread starter macrumors regular

Just general usage really, but I plan on keeping it for several year so I'm willing to pay up to £500 on it. If I can pay £300 for a decent one (2209WA) then that's better.

I currently have the 24" Apple LED Display, but I'm going to change it for a height-adjustable display as the ACD is too high. I like to have my monitor nearly at desk level. Currently when looking straight-on at the ACD I'm looking at the bottom half of it.

5. ugokutana macrumors member

U2710

How about U2710? It's rumoured to be having the same LCD panel of the 27" iMac.

6. bearcatrp macrumors 68000

7. crisito thread starter macrumors regular

Cool, but too big for my needs.