Best Headphones for running?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vader1990, Feb 3, 2009.

1. vader1990 macrumors regular

I have the 1st generation iPhone, and my headphones broke, so I've been using this 3rd party JVC headphones. They are ok, but they suck, when I run. I like to run while listening to music, but unfortunately, these headphones always fall out of my ears when I run :(

Luckily I only paid $9.99 for them :)

So, are there any good, and quasi-cheap, headphones that I can get, that will be ideal for running? Also is there a way to just simply mod mine to not fall out?

Thanks!!

2. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

3. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

Depends on how hard and how fast you run

If you are a speed demon that needs something that will absolutely not fall out I recomend the Sony J10's. They are cheap and built to take abuse/sweat.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...gExPKhHORXCo0GNkA&sig2=iXQEjNTAskKKuWWfHjdNPg

If you run at a moderate speed and don't mind adjusting the headphones every now and then I recommend the Skullcandy Ink'd. They sound great and are stay in pretty well

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...WWWLP_dVXbj1b5f1A&sig2=7xp4rDRPddQlqbmz6aaj3w

I use to run 4 miles a day so I can highly recommend either

4. RiceRacerDX macrumors 6502

The in-ear headphones are great. Just make sure that you get one with quality foam inserts. Sometimes they have a cheap super thin plastic lining that will eventually harden over time and cause it to crack. Sometimes they aren't lined and the foam just crumbles over time. The foam makes or breaks the headphones.

I recommend earphones similar to these:

[​IMG]

The ones I have look almost exactly like this, but this is not what I have. I got mine from Wal-Mart and they were very cheap ($10-20). They stay in place and are very comfortable. The thing about headphones like these is that each manufacturer makes them different so the part that goes behind your ear may fit differently. For example, anything make by Sony that looks like this has a tendency to be loose and irritates the back of my ear. I've gone through many different kinds until I came across mine. It's all about comfort. I've had mine for a year and a half and it's been through heat, cold, rain, sleet, and snow...its been through training runs and races ranging from 5k to marathons all without any problems whatsoever. Not everything from Wal-Mart is crap.

5. time2flyyy macrumors newbie

time2flyyy

I think Shure earphones are the best, always wear them when I'm at the Gym.

Another question is what do you use to prevent your iPhone from falling off/out?

Right now I just place mine in the cup holder of the machine I'm at or in my pocket. I've experimented with a couple different arm holders & belt clips but haven't found anything I liked that wasn't restrictive. Anyone???

6. sookainian macrumors regular

Give UE a try. Personally i perfer UE over Shure.

http://www.ultimateears.com

At the end of the day, you got to go down to the shop and give them a try. It's all personal preference which headphones your ear prefer.

Cheers

7. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

guys this guy is looking for affordable headphones that he can use to work out

I would never work out with any headphone worth more than $70 ( way too much stress on the cables)

8. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

I got these they are the Nike Vapor ( I have the Black ones ) VERY NICE!!!

[​IMG]

9. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

[​IMG]

B&O A8's are pricey, but they sound okay and they stay on.

10. Farns514 macrumors 6502

Farns514

11. Crotalus_Joe macrumors regular

12. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I use the ones they give us for the iPhone

I run slow, middle, and fast and have no problem with them

13. Jess.H macrumors member

Jess.H

I've used the Nike Vapors and found them to be quite good, and the price wasn't too excruciating. [​IMG]

14. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

Don't waste your time with any of that junk, especially the Bang & Olufsen model.

Westone UM1. Trust me.

15. admyrick macrumors regular

admyrick

Honestly I loved runnin with my Bose in ear headphones. They never fell out and I never had problems with the cord. Of course somebody had to steal em.