Best "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" commercial ever... like seriously, you should read this

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by crhodes, Jul 16, 2009.

1. crhodes macrumors newbie

This idea was born when I was thinking to myself that if people shopped for cars like they shopped for computers, everyone would buy a Mac. It's a direct response to Microsoft's annoying "Laptop Hunter" ads.

We fade in and there are Justin Long and John Hodgeman standing against the traditional white background, but there are two cars in the scene, one behind Mac and one behind PC. They are identical cars, but the one behind Mac is all silver and very clean looking, and one behind PC is a few different colors, it's covered in stickers, and it's full of random crap. And now the dialog...

Mac: "Hi, I'm a Mac."
    PC: "And I'm a PC."
    Mac: "So PC, what's with the cars?"
    PC: "Well someone told me if I found a car that I like, they'd buy it for me."
    Mac: "Ah, I see."
    PC: "Yeah, I think I've decided on this one (points to fugly car). It's cheap and it's got all these stickers with different features on them."
    Mac: "Yeah, I think they may have gone a little overboard with those..."
    PC: "No, it's fine, the only problem is that no matter how hard I try, I can't get all of this free stuff out of it. (whispers) Besides, they told me I wouldn't get the money if I bought that car."
    Mac: "Well, I'm sorry to hear that."
    PC: "Thanks. Well, I've got to hit the road. (drives away and the tires fall off)

The end.

Best retaliation ever?

2. ceezy3000 macrumors 6502

ceezy3000

i dont think the idiot masses will get it, i like it tho

3. aethelbert macrumors 601

What is this? An election? Promote yourself only by trashing the alternative? Even if it were a solid point to be made, adverts don't run on inside jokes. No thanks.

Also, I seem to remember getting software trials, crap, etc on my Mac OS systems as well.

4. crhodes thread starter macrumors newbie

Haven't Apple/Microsoft commercials been promoting themselves by trashing the alternative all along? That's the sole purpose of the "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" commercials. John Hodgeman isn't quite the fun, trendy character that Justin Long is.

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

6. ethical macrumors 68000

The only trial that came on mine was.... wait for it..... MS Office :p

7. aethelbert macrumors 601

Office, iWork, a bunch of useless games that I never used, etc... And if none of that is included anymore, it should also be noted that my last computer (HP netbook) had no bloatware on it either.

They're not sitting there trashing the other person, rather promoting one's strength over the other's weakness.

8. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

I didn't get any of that.... Now I feel left out! :(

9. crhodes thread starter macrumors newbie

Right, because "promoting one's strength over the other's weakness" isn't just a euphemism for "trashing the other person."

I've never been too good at sarcasm, so let me just clarify... that is sarcasm.

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

IIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiii think these ads are best left to Apples ad people.

11. crhodes thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha okay, well I thought I'd give it a shot.

12. aethelbert macrumors 601

Pick me because xyz sucks.

Pick me because I do abc in a better way than xyz does because [insert reason that it is better].