best iphone 5 case/skin for me?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bdee1, Sep 26, 2012.

1. bdee1 macrumors member

Jan 9, 2012
    I just got my new iphone 5 yesterday and with all the news about how easily they scuff/scratch, i feel like i should get a case or a skin ASAP.

My thing is that I really prefer the look and feel of he phone without a case so I would rather go with a skin. Although I knwo that adding a skin to the back would protect that area, I am not sure that the usual skins (Best Skins Ever, BodyGuardz...) will cover the "chamfered edges"

Here is an example of what I am talking about:

I am wondering what everyone else is doing?

Is it better to just use a case? If so, does anyone have recommendations for a good case that doesn't add a lot of bulk?
  2. Shredder96 macrumors regular

May 15, 2012

Get a poetic bumper off of amazon for $10 bucks, I have one and it's great. Only goes around the edges, and it keeps the glass off the table when you lay it flat.
  3. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

Oct 14, 2007
    I'm in the same boat.

Looking on the usual Internet shop sites the choice of case for the iPhone 5 isn't great and the shields etc are mostly on back order.

The only thing putting me off getting the 5 was the scuff problem. I don't baby my phones but on the flip side I would like to keep it as clean and non marked as possible.
  4. rawelgae macrumors newbie

Sep 20, 2012
    I got a speck candyshell for my iPhone 5. The fit of the case is the best of any case on any of the iphones I've had to date. It doesn't add a ton of bulk to the phone and it protects it well, front and back.
  5. sdyoyo macrumors member

Dec 15, 2006
    Got the poetic bumper too, highly recommended
  6. TwinCitiesJHawk macrumors 6502

Feb 9, 2009
  7. bdee1 thread starter macrumors member

Jan 9, 2012
    thanks for the suggestions - i like the idea of the bumper case...

One other question - with BSE and BodyGuardz, they both offer a "Case Friendly" total body skin but don't explain what that means. Any idea what they mean by "Case Friendly"?