Best iPhone Resell Websites!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dwalls90, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Dwalls90, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  2. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

I got far more than anyone else is offering currently for an iPhone 4 on Amazon Trade-in.

3. jdmass macrumors member

I must say that I had a very good experience with gazelle.com

I had a iPhone 4s that was water damaged. Amazon and the service that Apple uses (can't remember their name) valued it at 0. I submitted it to Gazelle noting "poor condition - does not power on" and was shocked to be quoted $100. I sent it in to them thinking they would revise the quote after inspection, and it turns out they approved their initial quote. I actually got $105 (including a $5 bonus for taking payment as an Amazon gift card).

They were also very quick to turn this around.

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Just wanna add a word of wisdom... OK if you are getting value back from your transaction, but if u gonna let it go cheap, why not keep it as a back up? $&%@^ happens and when u find yourselves without a phone, which people can't live without even for a day, u will be scrambling and stressing.

5. Kealohilani macrumors 6502

There is also:
    http://www.nextworth.com/search/1/cat/iphones/

Sent my phone into them at the beginning of the week. Hopefully I'll be hearing good things from them soon. According to the girl I spoke to on the phone, I should be able to expect payment from them by September 3rd as long as it's inspected by then. And they are giving 10% more money on trade-ins if you get the code off of their Facebook page. I'll leave more feedback about them when it's inspected and I receive payment.

6. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

You do know most of those sites just turn around and sell the phones on eBay? It's better imo to just sell your phone on eBay or Amazon and get more money. Amazon has better seller protections and takes less money from you, but more people use eBay for that kind of purchase.

7. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

A few months ago I traded in a 16gb AT&T iPhone 4 to GameStop and got $200 store credit for it and got 30% extra for preordering a game. I got $260 for it in the end.

http://www.gamestop.com/recommerce/web/

8. Dwalls90 thread starter macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Updated the list!

This should make it easier to cross shop for the best offers :)

9. Hart1583 macrumors regular

Hart1583

Buybackworld gives the best prices. I just locked in $360 for my verizon 16gb iPhone 5 in case I can't get more locally when I get the new 5s. Have used them in the past and they are great

10. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Craigslist. No, really... I always get top dollar for my phones there. I usually sell right before an Apple event but if there's a chance the 5 will be discontinued then I will wait because it's value will go up a bit.

11. rockitdog macrumors 68020

eBay also offers an immediate buy back option.

12. WSFrazier macrumors regular

I've used orangeoffer.com in the past, seem to give the most money compared to others like Gazelle. Fast and simple.

13. sk24iam macrumors regular

I agree, selling on ebay or craigslist will get you the most value. There are so many buyback programs out there now, seems like a saturated business model.

14. Kealohilani macrumors 6502

I've heard back from NextWorth now, so I figured I'd give a little more info if anybody is interested. I had a Sprint Iphone 5 16 gb in white. It being Sprint automatically made it worth less than an AT&T phone. Also, at one point I had a bumper from Spigen on it and the phone was dropped. The bumper fell apart as soon as the phone hit the concrete and as a result, my pristine phone was left with a ding and a few scratches on the top right corner. The screen however was still pristine.

The NextWorth site asked only a couple questions about the condition, Did the phone function (Yes) and was the screen cracked (No). They then quoted me a trade-in of $240, which was more than anyone else offered to me (Gazelle offered $210, BuyBackWorld was closest with $235). However with the 10% more code from their Facebook page my quote ended up being about $265.

I mailed it out and they received my phone in a couple of days. Then after a couple more I received an email from their inspectors. They gave me the full value for my phone, even with the ding and scratches to the body of the phone. And I was able to keep the charger to use when I order the 5s without it affecting the value.

I realize I could have received more money on Ebay or Craigslist, but it was worth taking a little less to get rid of the hassle of those sites (Sprint iPhones don't get much money on Craigslist where I am and the gas and traveling to the nearest location with Craigslist made it not worth it).

So, my experience with NextWorth went great. It was my first time using a trade-in site so I was really nervous but it went great and was hassle-free. Now I am just waiting for them to put the money in my Paypal account, which they told me they expect to be done by early next week. Overall, everything went great so based on my experience, I would highly recommend them.

15. Dwalls90 thread starter macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Yea I agree to this, but some people don't want to get docked in 10% commission from eBay+Paypal, nor deal with buyer/seller hassle.

16. inboxer macrumors regular

I have a few iPhones to sell and will sell 1 each to Gazelle, BuyBackWorld, Amazon Tradein and Nextworth. It seems that BuyBackWorld has the highest price but I want to check on the service vs Gazelle vs NextWorth. I'll let everyone know within the next few weeks how it turns out. I'm still not going to use Apple's tradein program!