Best ips monitor for photography and programming with macbook pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rajjejosefsson, Aug 2, 2015.

1. rajjejosefsson macrumors member

Hey i want external monitor for my macbook pro retina 2013 late
    * For programming
    * Photo editing
    * 300-500$ is my budget

but i need some advice ;)

2. robgendreau macrumors 68030

I got an IPS from monoprice.com and it works great. But kinda hard to change the brightness as much as I'd like. If color is important to you, I'd suggest getting something that you can color correct effectively. Some of the less expensive monitors lag in the ability to control the display, even though the display is basically the same as others.

3. rajjejosefsson thread starter macrumors member

so do you you know any specific one, have looked at some asus screens

4. Mikael H macrumors 6502

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk is a good place to start once you have a shortlist of monitors within your budget. Look through their reviews and see what seems to be the best compromise for what you want to do. If you do mostly programming, and some hobbyist photo work, then you probably can compromise slightly more with colors than if it were the other way around. Also, note the resolution of the monitor you're looking at. If you're willing to work at lower resolutions, then screens can be had cheaper.

5. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

I have a Dell P2715Q and absolutely love it. It's a 4K IPS monitor. I got mine for $550 about four months ago but I've seen it for less since then when they offer specials.

There is a pretty sizable thread on this forum about this particular model here.

6. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

I've read pretty fantastic things about the Monoprice 28" 4K display. They're back in stock (they go quickly):

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_...ontent=4k_bis_hero&utm_campaign=150812_4k_bis