Best Late Night Talk Show?

Cabrini715

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Pennsylvania
By far Conan O'Brien...the masterbating bear is definitely up there along with the old triumph skits...but nothing beats when arnold stops by.

jackieonasses

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
the great OKLAHOMA....
Dangit!!! i was taking a break from all this posting to WATCH Conan - When this thread popped up. Crap. well, you obviously know my favorite talk show host is Conan. He will be replacing Jay Leno soon. (i can not remember the date) The lever that he pulls to make a cut scene of Walker Texas Ranger is freakin awesome in my opinion.

kyle

Cabrini715

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Pennsylvania
I forgot about the Walker Texas Ranger skits....another top knotch skit...you can never be dissappointed with a Conan episode whether it's a rerun or if the guests suck. I think he replaces Leno sometime in 2009. The one downfall of that is he'll probably be limited to certain extent on what he can say or do and what can be aired because of the new time slot which is dissappointing :eek:

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Generally, you put some text in when you post a new thread... ;)

Anyways, I have to go with Conan O'Brien on this one. Nothing like a Masturbating Bear to go with Frankenstein wasting a minute of my time and some self deprecating humor :D

Cabrini715

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Pennsylvania
haha thanks for the advice, it was my first thread. It seemed a little empty. Frankenstein's face after he wastes a minute of our time is priceless.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
if CBS had made a better offer to Adam Corolla or Michael Ian Black, i'd probably be giving that one a try but Conan is hilarious WALKER TEXAS Ranger handle!

I caught part of his newyears special, and he had all these great midwestern cliches like a cheesehead with a favre jersey and a subsection of central states.

Sir_Giggles

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2003
I saw all of Conan during his first 2 years... I was always wondering how management allowed him to continue. He was worse than Chevy Chase, and Chevy was gone in a few weeks.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
gwuMACaddict said:
i prefer david letterman. cant stand leno. will watch conan if i can stay up that late... :(
I like Letterman and Conan essentially the same and am no big fan of Leno (don't dislike him, just don't really enjoy the show enough to watch). Conan is probably actually funnier, but I've been watching Dave since 1983, so that warps my opinion a bit.

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
John McEnroe........

j/k

Conan is by far my favorite. Sometimes Letterman is funny and I never laugh when I watch Leno.
But if you count The Daily Show as a late night talk show (since he does have guests) then I may actually enjoy watching Jon Stewart more than Conan......though it is very close.

Apple Hobo

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2004
A series of tubes
Gotta go with Conan. Tonight's episode has his 1992 Ford Taurus with the "Cone Bone" shifter. :D

I also watch Leno. I love the Headlines and dollar store toys segments.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Im trying to give the new Craig Fergison Show a whirl, anything has to be better than Cilborn was.

Conan is the best tho. Kimmel is getting better, I love his unnecessary censoring of the FCC.