Best method for running iPhone and iPod with iTunes

tniland

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2012
Hello everyone

So I'm new to the world of Mac computing. Had an iPod for a number of years, and an iPhone for about a year and now recently (as in 2 days ago) took delivery of my new Macbook. :D

I'm about to transfer all my music and photos to my Macbook and wondered if someone could give my advice on the best configuration for using iTunes with my iPhone and my iPod. For example, which one to set up as the 'master' device, which one to use as the 'slave', how to sync my music across both, etc.

I've tried searching the net for this but haven't really come across the answers I'm looking for but I'm happy to read through sites if anyone has any links for me.

Thanks

Tyrone

Zcott

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2009
Belfast, Ireland
Copy your entire iTunes music folder over from your PC to your Mac's music folder and just run it. It'll all be fine, no need for master or slave devices.

LED

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2008
iTunes will see both devices and will allow you to manage the content you want to sync with those separately. Works great. I use the same iTunes library for my iPhone and iPad, each with totally different content.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.