Best method for running iPhone and iPod with iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tniland, Jan 27, 2012.

1. tniland macrumors newbie

Hello everyone

So I'm new to the world of Mac computing. Had an iPod for a number of years, and an iPhone for about a year and now recently (as in 2 days ago) took delivery of my new Macbook. :D

I'm about to transfer all my music and photos to my Macbook and wondered if someone could give my advice on the best configuration for using iTunes with my iPhone and my iPod. For example, which one to set up as the 'master' device, which one to use as the 'slave', how to sync my music across both, etc.

I've tried searching the net for this but haven't really come across the answers I'm looking for but I'm happy to read through sites if anyone has any links for me.

Thanks

Tyrone

2. Zcott macrumors 68020

Copy your entire iTunes music folder over from your PC to your Mac's music folder and just run it. It'll all be fine, no need for master or slave devices.

3. LED macrumors member

iTunes will see both devices and will allow you to manage the content you want to sync with those separately. Works great. I use the same iTunes library for my iPhone and iPad, each with totally different content.

4. macbookman83 macrumors 6502

You can manage them both separately and arrange music according to your travel and personal taste.