Best monitor choices for a MacG5

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by brianpgraphics, Mar 25, 2008.

1. brianpgraphics macrumors newbie

I am about to set-up a MACG5 with a Radeon 9600 Vid Card and want to use a monitor for high-end graphic design/photoshop work/viewing movies and the like (no gaming). I would like to be in the 24" to 26" category. New to LCD choices, I am a bit overwhelmed at the different models to choose from and would love input on what folks have found to be reliable and good quality. i should say that price is an issue (or I would have bought a Cinema Display already). Thanks for advice.

2. macsrules macrumors regular

brianpgraphics,

I can't advise you on what to buy, but I can tell you what to be careful for. I bought one of the 23 Apple Studio Monitors. The new silver case ones. I bought it off a guy on craigslist. He pretty-much ripped me off.(he new, he had the background screen set to black so I would not see the burn-in) People can suck sometimes.

On the older batches of these monitors there was and is a really bad burn-in effect that happens, also there is a slight pinkish cast and creating your own monitor profile through the preference setting will not remove.

This might have been fixed on the new batches but for the money I would not take the chance myself.

Also, after talking to Apple, they denied that it even had a problem with some of the monitors, yet you go online to some of the forums and many people report the same problem.

Anyway, my only advice is beware if you go and buy the Apple 23 Studio Monitors, you might be unhappy.