Best monitor to buy for MacBook?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by njstam, Jun 2, 2008.

1. njstam macrumors newbie

I am in the market for a 20-22 in. monitor to hook up to my MacBook. What are your suggestions? I would like to spend no more than $350.

(I like the Dell SP2008 or the SP2208. What do you think?)

2. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

The dell monitors are great that is what i have and it works great after choosing the correct screen size

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I use Dell monitors only; I prefer the UltraSharps for better viewing angles, etc, but they do cost more.

4. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

Well if you want maximum color fidelity, you'll want a monitor that uses an H-IPS/S-IPS panel, but those are pricey.

S-PVA panels are good compromises. Their color fidelity is not as good as H-IPS/S-IPS, however they have better blacks and faster response times, so they are better for games and movies. And they can likely be found in your price point.

5. njstam thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you have any suggestions on good displays that would work well with my laptop?

6. njstam thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you think the 20 or 22 in Ultrasharp would be a better buy? They are around the same price, so that doesn't affect my decision between the Ultrasharp and SP models.

7. waynesun macrumors regular

waynesun

Buy a 20'' UltraSharp on eBay (generally cheaper). If you're lucky and patient, you will be able to find an S-IPS 2007wfp selling for sub-300$. Be sure to ask for the serial number. If it ends in "L", it is S-IPS.

You can also ask the seller to check for panel codes.. RT803 is S-IPS.

8. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

If you want a deal, comb the newspaper and sites like dealnews and just get the cheapest - unless you're super picky, you probably won't notice.

that being said, I LOVE dell LCDs - go grab one!