Best Monopod for under £35? Motorsport?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by CptAwesome, Dec 31, 2010.

1. CptAwesome macrumors member

Hi Guys

Next year (or in a few hours this year), i intend to be shooting a lot of motorsport here in the UK, ranging from MotoGP, rallying, touring cars as well as the odd endurance event. In 2009, i shot MotoGP at Donington and enjoyed it but my shots were quite blurred due to weather conditions, lack of VR e.c.t.

I am looking to purchase a monopod before the first event of 2011 which will be world superbikes at Donington again, have any of you guys got recommendations for one??

Thanks in advance

Luke

2. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

3. CptAwesome, Jan 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2011

CptAwesome thread starter macrumors member

Hi Artful

Thanks for the reply, and i do love that look of that, looks stable which is good for the 135 - 400mm zoom that i have :) Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available in the UK on Amazon and in most retailers its seems to be £90+, which is highly over budget unfortunately...

Any other suggestions??

Thanks

Luke

EDIT: I found THIS on Amazon for around $60 (depend on exchange rate, its £37 in the UK near enough), anyone have any experience with this pod?? Would it be useful for my Sigma zoom??

Thanks again

4. PrePressAcrobat macrumors member

5. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Ah yeah I didn't think about it being available to only the US market, sorry. The one you linked to looks nice and wow it can support a good amount. More than what I posted, good luck :)

6. Cliff3 macrumors 65816

Cliff3

7. CptAwesome thread starter macrumors member

No worries mate, your suggestion was very muchly appreciated :)

Hi there Cliff, thanks for the suggestion! i do like that look of that one, looks a quality product for the price! Should be fine for the amount of time i use it, the weight it takes shouldn't be a problem with a 135-400m sigma i shouldn't have thought :)

Thanks for the suggestions guys, keep them coming

Luke