Best Movie Scenes/Sequences

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Best Car Chase - Torn between Ronin & The Bourne Supremacy
Best Beating - Layer Cake (OMG what a beating! 32MB)
Best Battle - I suppose it'll have to go to one of the LOTR films, only I can't remember which one is which! :eek: :p

I can't think of any more categories, but either just name your own for the categories I've already mentioned, or add your own to those existing, and add your own new category and favorite for the next person to have to think up :D You with me? :eek:

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
edesignuk said:
Best Battle - I suppose it'll have to go to one of the LOTR films, only I can't remember which one is which! :eek: :p

I can't think of any more categories, but either just name your own for the categories I've already mentioned, or add your own to those existing, and add your own new category and favorite for the next person to have to think up :D You with me? :eek:
You ARE bored.

Let's see.

The best battle is definitely in ROTK.

Ooops...late, gotta go.

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
Most Brutally Realistic Battle Sequence - 1st 20 minutes of Saving Private Ryan. After that, the whole movie goes straight downhill, though.

Suspended
Mar 29, 2004
Best ending: 2001: A Space Odyssey
Best shooting: The Godfather (when they try to kill Don Corleone when he's buying oranges)

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Best Car Chase: definitely Bourne Surpremacy there
Best Brutal Fight:i would have to say Edward Norton in Fight Club agains the Blonde Kid....wow
Best Fight: Gladiator when its three against one and he uses two swords to decapitate the guy
Best Use of Swearing: Snatch (maybe)
Best WWII Move: Band of Brothers

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Having just watched RotK yesterday, I'd agree it's one of the top battle scenes.

Best Firefight: The Matrix

Best Destruction of Office Equipment: Office Space

Savage Henry

macrumors 65816
Best Battle - Seven Samurai
Best Scene Stealer - Orson Welles as Harry Lime, The Third Man
Best Understatement - Roy Schneider as Chief Brody, Jaws "...We're gonna need a bigger boat ..."
Best Use of Irony - Peter Sellars as President Merkin Muffley, Dr Strangelove "Gentlemen! You can't fight in here! This is the war room!"

dops7107

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2005
Perth, Oztrailya
Worst line in movie history: "Is it raining? I hadn't noticed" (Four Weddings and a Funeral)
Best line in movie history: "Found this spoon, sir" (Monty Python's Life of Brian)

H'obviously these are a little subjective! ;)

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
Best WWII Era Movie - Band of Brothers

Best Vietnam Era Movie - Full Metal Jacket

Mr. Durden

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2005
Colorado
Best scene in a movie:

Edward Norton beating himself up in his boss' office and then, when the security gueards come in he says "please, dont hit me again."

Best screw up in a movie: (ok, maybe not the best but funny nontheless) In days of Thunder, when one of the characters is introduced to Tom Cruise's character, Dick, she says "hi Tom, nice to meet you" (How in the world does that get through?)

Brightest Teeth in a movie: Mathew McConahae (butchered that, I'm sure) in Sahara. My lord those are the brightest teeth I've ever seen!

James Philp

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2005
Oxford/London
ham_man said:
Best WWII Era Movie - Band of Brothers

Best Vietnam Era Movie - Full Metal Jacket
Band of Brothers wasn't a movie.
Platoon also has a shout in there, seeing as it was made by a VET, you gotta think it's going to be realistic! (BTW Don't see "Hot Shot" films - you can never take charlie sheen fully serious again!)

BTW there's some pretty brutal stuff in Alexander (which I thought was a very good movie contrary to the reviews). Horses being sliced and diced - people actually getting scars from battle!

DigitalVideo

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2004
My two cents:

Best Ending: Being There with Peter Sellers
Best Ending 2: well, not quite the end, but the climax, Paths of Glory
Best Scene Ever: the crop duster scene from North By Northwest
Best Scene Ever 2: Tuco's run through cemetary and the climax to The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Notables:

- Murder of Don Fanucci in The Godfather: Part II
- T-rex escape in Jurassic Park
- dance scene from Band of Outsiders

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
edesignuk said:

Ronin Owns all others as far as car chases. I want an Audi S8, but the scene with BMW 5 series was much more fun to watch.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Best Scene With Cows Monty Python and the Holy Grail - Fechez la vache!

Best Overdose Scene Uma Therman in Pulp Fiction - that needle in the chest - shudder

Best Monolog Before Shooting Samuel Jackson in Pulp Fiction

wrc fan

macrumors 65816
Best Car Chase: I know it's not a movie, but nothing beats the car chases from Dukes of Hazard when the General Lee jumps a river and then magically can keep on driving

Best Beating: Fight Club

Best Battle: While not a battle in the typical sense, Die xue shuang xiong had a nice gunfight battle at the end I thought.

Best Ending (Drama): La Haine
Best Ending (Comedy): Johnny Stecchino (but not in the US version)
Worst Ending: Billy Elliot