Best of the 0.3mm iphone 5 cases on ebay?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lamenramen, Oct 23, 2012.

1. lamenramen, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012

lamenramen macrumors regular

Hello,

Soliciting a consolidated thread specifically for the subset of us who want thinnest possible protection at 0.3 mm or less.
    Let's come up with the consensus cream of the crop and reward those ebay sellers.

I'd like a frost like color, ideally incase snap smoke (translucent dark gray)
    A slight lip for the front, optional i suppose
    individual volume cutouts
    Full top protection
    soft touch feel, definitely no lint-attracting rubber or glossy plastic
    precise camera cutout

Any recs?

I've found a few:

1. http://www.ebay.com/itm/GREY-Ultra-...174943?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item2323b8e41f

2. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clear-Ultra...Cover-For-Apple-iPhone-5-5G-5th-/160885926175

--Ships from USA which is a huge benefit. If a seller from China sells you crap, no one in their right mind is going to ship it back. It's just not cost effective and the Chinese sellers get away with borderline business practices.

--I saw one member on this forum state that this is a high quality case. Also has had 500+ buyers.
    I would prefer individual volume button cutouts.

3.http://www.ebay.com/itm/0-3mm-Ultra...643975?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item3f1de76687

--Member stated that build quality was poor. Other person said that it was fine.

2. mjpearce023 macrumors 6502

I ordered number 3 and it is terrible. It doesn't sit flush on the left side by the volume buttons. It's also got some very rough edges and the back looks damaged. I wouldn't recommend it. I actually threw mine away.

3. darster Suspended

I ordered 2 cases from site number 2. One fits fine, the other is warped. It is shipped in a paper envelope from China, and I would imagine with all the other packages piled on it through all the processing centers, that they could be damaged or warped. But for $1.88 if one out of 2 is good, it's still a cheap price. It does not ship from US, but China.

4. Hooterville macrumors 6502a

Hooterville

You only get what you pay for and these are all crap. :(

5. drkash macrumors regular

Does anyone know of any similar good cases from eBay for the 4s?

6. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

I ordered one from #1. Will have it shortly. This is a USA seller and it ships from CA. I will report back once I get it. Fingers crossed.

7. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Are there any slim cases like this that cover the bottom edge and have lay on table protection?

8. scyap macrumors member