best place to buy a Imac?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Xiao, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Xiao macrumors newbie

Where did you guys buy your Imacs?
    I found a website called powermax.com and they dont charge tax.
    macmall.com doesn't seem much cheaper than buying it from apple store...plus apple store gives better printers. I plan on buying a Imac 27" i5 on blackfriday but I'm not sure where the best deals are, this will be my first time buying a mac xD thanks!

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Check out this guide for Black Friday.

PowerMax doesn't charge tax, but unless you live in a state with no sales tax, you legally are required to pay tax.

Currently MacMall is giving MacRumors users an additional 3%?

3. FibreSteve macrumors newbie

I bought my 27" iMac last week at Bestbuy. I bought it in Oregon so I didn't pay tax plus I got a 500 GB external HD for free with a Reward Zone coupon I got in the mail.

4. Xiao thread starter macrumors newbie

Macmall.com seems to have promotions already, you think they will even offter more on black friday and u think apple will offer $100 discount and $100 student discount on the new imac?

5. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a

DesignerOnMac

I have purchased 4 computers from PowerMax. 1 iBook, 2 G4 towers, and my latest computer, an imac 24" 2.8 Extreme. A very good company to do business with.

Also if you have a Mac to see, they take trade ins.

6. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

i just buy from the apple store for simplicity and peace of mind[​IMG] e.g. I KNOW that it will arrive on a certain day

7. cfitz7111 macrumors 6502

I like Amazon myself, no tax, $3.99 shipping (with Amazon Prime) and a few bucks cheaper then Apple.

8. Xiao thread starter macrumors newbie

Amazon does charge tax, I order my books from there :p

9. Xiao thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I did my calculations, Macmall.com is pretty much same price after all the mail in rebates....the only question is, will the rebate work? since some of the rebates is offered by another company like HP. Well I think im gonna wait till black friday and buy it from macmall if apple doesn't offer better deals. Thanks guys

10. ipodftw macrumors member

i also buy from the apple store, they have great customer support if i have any queries, [​IMG] im happy to pay that little bit extra for it

11. cfitz7111 macrumors 6502

I have not paid sales tax at Amazon ever. Maybe on digital downloads they charge, like iTunes, but on everything else, I have never paid

12. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

To clarify, unless you live in a state that doesn't charge tax, let's say Oregon, just because you aren't charged tax, doesn't mean you don't have to pay tax. You as the customer are supposed to do it, as it's not a requirement in most states to charge tax. Do many people do it, nope. I don't recall ever seeing/hearing stories of people getting in trouble, even after audit for it - but, just a heads up. Amazon has never charged me tax, what state are you in?

13. txguy977 macrumors newbie

Do you guys think powermac.com will have some discount on black friday?