Best place to buy a replacement iPhone 4 back plate?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ndpitch, Sep 19, 2012.

1. ndpitch macrumors 6502

Does anyone have any good recommendations for where I can buy a new glass back plate for my black AT&T iPhone 4? There are countless places that I see them listed, and they range anywhere from 8 bucks to 80 bucks. I don't want a piece of junk, but I also don't think it's worth spending a lot of money on it. Can anyone recommend a reputable site that worked out well for you?

2. LoneWolf121188 macrumors 6502a

The apple store replaced mine for free as a "one time courtesy". :) They also replaced my mom's iPad 3 for free after she dropped it face first on a tile floor 2 days after she bought it (she didn't realize the smart cover wasn't physically attached to the ipad). Can't hurt to try.

3. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

MissionRepair.com and select doityourself.

4. ndpitch thread starter macrumors 6502

Interesting. It would be sweet if they did a one time courtesy replacement of the entire phone (instead of just the back glass). In addition to my camera lense cover being all scuffed up, my home button is pretty much shot, and the battery isn't what it once was. I was going to try to make a little project out of it and do the repair work myself, but if apple is willing to give me a one time courtesy exchange for free that would be even better. Maybe I'll give that a shot first.