best place to buy the nike running shoes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MySaturdaySelf, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MySaturdaySelf macrumors member

Hi, I am new to the ipod touch, and would like to know where is the best place to buy the nike+ running shoes. I understand the 2nd gen ipod touch has better integration with nike, what does it mean exactly? I only need to buy shoes and armband, right? Thanks:D

2. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

With the first touch you needed to buy an additional component, the newer one, you don't need it since it is built in.

I got my shoes from Footlocker for 60-80 bucks, I forget. It was so log ago.

3. Purple Pelican macrumors member

If you're doing serious running, check out Road Runner Sports. They have stores all across the US, and they fit shoes properly for you to fit your biomechanics. My entire high school track team buys shoes there. And they carry every Nike running shoe they make.

4. MySaturdaySelf thread starter macrumors member

i guess i am casual runner.. but thanks for the information

5. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

+1 for Road Runner Sports. I bought my Nike Olympic shoes there. Nike sells them for $100 and I got them from RR for $82.00 shipped.

6. ll PiStoNs ll macrumors regular

You dont have to buy the nike plus shoes, its just reccomended. you can just use the running shoes you use now and tie the sensor onto your laces or cut out a spot underneath the foot insert for it. Its kinda stupid that they dont sell just the sensor by itself, you still have to buy the whole nike+ kit even though you are just going to be using the sensor for the shoes

7. aethelbert macrumors 601

8. Jonnyfive macrumors regular

Yeah I couldn't find nike shoes that I wanted to use. In fact I was recommended other brands of shoes which I bought. I just shove the sensor in my shoe after they have been tied and I put it under the tongue and shove it in. You can also buy a pouch for 10 bucks that will tie into your laces and put the sensor in there.

But if you want Nike shoes go for it!

9. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Sport Chalet featured them on a special display a while back when I bought my Nike+iPod shoes. I always like the sales staff there as they are usually very helpful and polite. :)
    I don't use the Nike+ thing all that much though because I usually just bring my iPod to the gym to use on the elliptical runner or stationary cycle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.