best place to buy used books online?

acidfast7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 22, 2008
EU
Where's the best place to buy used books online? Basically, I don't need to get a new copy of the mainstream stuff, used is good, but I like a physical copy that I can lend out to my students, rather than an electronic copy.

I've been using Amazon.co.uk for stuff in English, but what else is available. Anywhere in the EU is OK with me as long as shipping is reasonable.

PaulyD

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2010
UK
My ex girlfriend often used the Amazon marketplace with no problems and I have once or twice as well. She read a lot more than me though. Not sure if this is the same as you saying amazon.co.uk though

acidfast7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 22, 2008
EU
My ex girlfriend often used the Amazon marketplace with no problems and I have once or twice as well. She read a lot more than me though. Not sure if this is the same as you saying amazon.co.uk though
yeah, i think it's the same place. the two books were 0.01 and 0.01£ in good condition but I think they're charging 2.80£ shipping for each book (I was hoping they'd only get me once for the shipping.)

Firestar

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2010
221B Baker Street.
yeah, i think it's the same place. the two books were 0.01 and 0.01£ in good condition but I think they're charging 2.80£ shipping for each book (I was hoping they'd only get me once for the shipping.)
I don't think Amazon combines shipping. I've ordered multiple items from a single seller more than once and everytime it charges individual shipping.

acidfast7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 22, 2008
EU
I don't think Amazon combines shipping. I've ordered multiple items from a single seller more than once and everytime it charges individual shipping.
Yeah, I was hoping for a sliding scale based upon number of books :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.