Best Place To Find An Apple II, III Or Lisa?

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by Goftrey, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Goftrey macrumors 68000

Goftrey

Hey guys, I'm not new to Apple products, but I've never really dug deep into their history, I knew the basic history of the company, but over the past few months I've really learnt a lot on the how the company rose up, how it was managed, important people there etc.

I've became completely fascinated by 'pre Macintosh' Apple computers and decided to put all of my savings and spare cash into 'trying' to get a piece of history by getting a few, even one of these little guys.

I was wondering where the best place I could find any pre Mac Apple computer and what sort of price they go for. I know Apple I's are out of the questions as there's only a few dozen in existence at this moment in time and they go for ££££££'s.

Cheers guys ;)

2. Interceptor2 macrumors newbie

prices for those items are on the rise, just check on ebay. That LISA is one in demand, maybe true now for the others you mention too.
    I would suggest looking round locally at car-boot sales etc. because expect ebay prices to increase. I've sold a few recently and been surprised at the prices they went for, nothing huge but perhaps higher than I would have paid.

3. ClassicII macrumors 6502

ClassicII

Ebay is not the place to find deals on rare apple stuff.

Unless you buy the unit broken. Thats how I bought my 20th Macintosh. I got it for a killer deal because it was not working. It only needed minor repair and was up and running. But thats the thing if you cant fix it you are kind of stuck.

Also check craigslist and search under generic terms like "old mac" or macintosh stuff like that. People find old computers and dont know the names of them and will just post a picture. Also check the vintage apple computer forums they usually have a classifieds section.

4. MJM1977 macrumors newbie

For eBay, I suggest looking at auctions near you. Sometimes you can make a killing by picking up locally instead of heavy shipping costs. I got a Mac Classic with the box for a dollar by driving across town.

Craigslist can be good. I got an original Apple II for $25. I had to drive a ways, but made a day trip out of it, and it was definitely worth it!