Best place to purchase monitor cables...

rajbonham

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2010
Hey all, this seemed to be the appropriate place to put this topic, so please forgive me if it's not. :eek:

Anyway, I'm looking to pick up some simple DVI cables for my monitors and need some recommendations on the best place to purchase them. I recently stumbled across MonoPrice.com, and it looked like the best deal. The only thing stopping me are a few reviews I read questioning the site's security. Sorry this is so random, but I refuse to pay $30 per cable at BestBuy, etc., when I can find them for $10 somewhere else.

If anyone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated! :)

kwarren

Aug 18, 2007
Love, love, love Monoprice. Used them many times and never had a bad experience! In fact, I just bought my monitor desk mounts from them, and saved nearly $190 per mount. Great site, man.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Yes, man. What he said and +10000 times over.

Monoprice and never look back.

Edit: I've ordered there many times, and in fact just ordered a mini Display port extension cable over the weekend to prepare for the upcoming 27" ACD :)D).

Yea, never had any issues with them.

rajbonham

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2010
Awesome! Thanks for the responses. I will definitely order now; I've yet to find better prices anywhere else!

nineohtoo

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
SF Bay Area
I'll add to the Monoprice love.

But just a heads up if you're buying a MiniDP to HDMI adapter. Last I heard their cable doesn't transfer audio from the new MacBooks. They could have changed it recently, but I had to go with someone on eBay for mine because of this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.