Best place to sell 15" i7 antiglare?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thadoggfather, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

I got an i7 antiglare 15" like two days short of almost a month ago now, and it's still in perfect condition but nobody is biting on the marketplace.

For what I do, I should have gotten a 13" from the get go. I don't need the juice of this machine even though it's a great machine.

Posted it on another forum, no luck either. and craigslist, but only scammers replied. and i want to do eBay but want to avoid fees and all that.

Help? Thanks guys.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Why do you want to sell it? You will be losing money by doing that!

3. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

I just want to see if people have selling advice for me.

I know I'll be losing money but I need to save some for when I travel to Europe in the Fall, and if I get a cheaper laptop (already picked it out), then I'll have extra money even though I'm sure i'll be selling the machine at a slight loss (although hopefully not as much as the restocking fee)

4. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Are you beyond your return window (not sure if you bought it from Apple or not)? If you're not, I'd just take the restocking fee before trying to sell it. You're probably hard-pressed to find a buyer without offering a reasonable discount (probably on par with restocking), plus you'll take a hit with paypal fees. And ebay is just a hassle, and most buyers on craigslist are looking for a deal, not to mention that most buyers will put large purchases on a CC (as opposed to cash) for financing/benefits/warranty, etc.

As far as ideas, the options are pretty much sell (here, craigslist, ebay, amazon) but those will cost you. You could see if anyone is open to trade...? Might not be exactly what you're looking for, but it's easier for a buyer to justify an upgrade that way.

5. mush10 macrumors regular

I am curious why my post was deleted. Can someone clue me in?

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Marketplace Rules

7. mush10 macrumors regular

Fair enough. I am new on this forum. Thanks.

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Welcome! You'll find these useful, as well:
    MacRumors FAQ
    MacRumors Rules

9. mush10 macrumors regular

Thanks. I am sure I will be around more once I get the MBP. About a day away from pulling the trigger. A few more questions answered and should be ready. The forums have already been more than helpful as most questions I have, have been asked before.

10. johnnymg macrumors 65816

johnnymg

If you plan to meet someone from a Craigslist response make sure you take at least one big bad-assed looking person with you. Snatch and run is common when selling MBP's through Craigslist.

Also, no reponses on an ad usually mean the price isn't "right". You'll need to price it at least 15% below retail due to the numerous discounts available. Plan on eating the tax too.

11. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Congratulations! Don't forget that searching the forum with MRoogle will usually find answers to most of your questions. Here's some more helpful info.

12. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

13. hotdogonfire macrumors newbie

i'll be in a similar situation soon with my mbp. could you tell me a good price i should put my macbook up for and whether i should try to set up a online deal or a irl deal? (i live in the nyc area)

thanks in advance

14. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Please see Marketplace Rules.

I am closing this thread as the OP seems to have solved his problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.