Best place to sell iPhone 4

emjaycee18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
I was wondering what the best place to sell my iPhone in store will be. I don't want to use either Craigslist or eBay due to trust issues and horror stories that I've read, even though I could probably sell it for more using those outlets. I'm only interested in brick and mortar stores that will buy my phone.

Thanks

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I was wondering what the best place to sell my iPhone in store will be. I don't want to use either Craigslist or eBay due to trust issues and horror stories that I've read, even though I could probably sell it for more using those outlets. I'm only interested in brick and mortar stores that will buy my phone.

Thanks
best buy will give you some money....really low of course. The best place other than bestbuy would be gazelle, not a brick and mortar though. They let you lock in a quote for 30 days.....so you could lock in a quote on say the 25th that will be higher than your quote once the 5 comes out.

other than those two places, you may have luck at some local shops or even your current carrier

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Winnipeg, MB
Celltradein.com is an alternative to Gazelle. I've seen them quote a little higher. Pretty good company..sold 2 blackberries and 2 iphones there. They'll either mail you a check or put the money in your Paypal. Very responsive and free shipping to their office (Chicago).

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)

Thanks
Best Buy will give you something between $63 (8GB in poor condition) to $158 (32GB in perfect condition).

Amazon will give $280 gift card (16GB in 'Like New' condition). Obviously higher & lower for condition, color, carrier, and storage capacity. ($305 for white 32GB)

RadioShack will give $143 (16GB in great condition w/charger)

Gazelle is a common (and safe) choice. They're offering $160-$180 (16 GB)

Buymytronics will give $165-$175 (16GB)

Nextworth will give around $170 (16GB)

Also, a lot of people forget about Apple's trade-in program. Right now they're offering $120-$170 of Apple gift cards with free packaging, shipping, etc.

If you want o trade it in for a Galaxy S3, SamsungUpgrade will give you $155 (That's for a 16GB with minor damage.) :D

Last edited:

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Celltradein.com is an alternative to Gazelle. I've seen them quote a little higher. Pretty good company..sold 2 blackberries and 2 iphones there. They'll either mail you a check or put the money in your Paypal. Very responsive and free shipping to their office (Chicago).
Wow you are right...$310 for a 16gb 4S. That is really really good for not going to craigslist or ebay

RainCityMacFan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007
NC
Hmm $350 for a 64GB 4S at the celltradein website... Amazon offers nearly $500...

Only problem is that it's in Amazon gift card and I doubt Amazon will be one of the first to have the new iPhone :(

Hmm...

Want300

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2011
St. Louis, MO

Thanks
You can also opt to sell the phone on Amazon. I have sold a few items this way. Not selll it to Amazon, sell it ON amazon.

RainCityMacFan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007
NC
But he's selling an iPhone 4 (not 4S).
Damn whoops I did not see that >< Sorry!

But I guess my point is that some of those websites do offer great deals. However, the Amazon one will restrict you only to a gift card rather than cash. The others will give you less money than what you can get from Craigslist/eBay, despite the horror stories...

If you are planning on making a big purchase on Amazon, I say go with the Amazon trade in.

al0513

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2011

Thanks
GameStop will give you $217 in store credit (or 173.60 cash) for a 16GB AT&T.