best place to sell iphone 4S 32gb?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kjay80, Oct 26, 2012.

1. kjay80 macrumors regular

I am looking to sell my iphone 4S white 32gb since I am getting a new iphone 5 today!!!
    where is the best reliable place to seel my old one?
    I looked at amazon for trade in, they offer $335 store credit, which is fine.
    Any other place that offers better pricing?
    I dont wanna put up on ebay, as payal process and fees are crazy...
    THANK YOU!

2. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

$335 via Amazon sounds pretty good to me, though for "store credit" doesn't work for me (may work for you, though). I'd look into selling it via Craigslist.

3. livspop macrumors regular

I got $300 cash for my 4S 32gb just the other day by spreading the word at work. It's probably a little low, but it was easy and no fees.

I have also been using a site that has been working well - swappa.com. They take a $10 flat fee from the sale, but they cross-check every ESN/MEID prior to allowing the sale and have really good follow-through with the process. There are mostly Android phones on the site, but there have been quite a few iPhone postings and the prices have been very competitive with other sites.

4. Jonnyfive macrumors regular

Go ebay. I always get good prices when I sell my electronics on ebay. Prices seem to go reasonably high compared to craigslist or kijiji (Which is why it's rare for me to purchase electronics on Ebay).

5. Orlandu macrumors 6502

Orlandu

Post it on Craigslist. You can usually get close to what you want for it. Check what others may be listed for and price it accordingly. Right now in Las Vegas, I see a few listed at $300-400.

If you've never sold through Craigslist before, make sure you put "Cash only, no trades" and talk to the person directly on the phone to set up a meeting spot. Meet in a public place such as a coffee shop or even in a busy stores parking lot. One method I've heard someone else use is to meet them at their bank and have them take out cash then so you know it's not counterfeit. I've sold dozens of items on Craigslist and never had this issue, but it's a good safeguard anyway.

You'll most likely get some low ballers and fake emails from scams. The scam emails usually ask first "Is the item still available" and won't mention what you actually listed. If you happen to reply, you'll get a response back that they'll send you extra month and you're supposed to send it to them, etc. Just ignore these.