best place to sell or trade in iPad 3 for Air?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by shelby77, Nov 18, 2013.

1. shelby77 macrumors newbie

Like title says, what is the easiest way to sell or trade in my current ipad3 64G Verizon for the new Ipad Air? I am not set up as a seller on eBay, and have limited experience on Craigslist. tia. I also have an Ipad 2 but the screen doesn't work.. it powers on but just has dark lines... is there anywhere I can trade or sell that? Price to repair the screen is too much. It's also 64GB. thanks.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

There are some options listed in this article that should help you.

If you don't want to mess with shipping or eBay or CL, I believe WalMart still has an in store trade-in program.

3. boomdog macrumors regular

boomdog

I'm in the same boat, I have an iPad 3 64gb wifi + cellular but find the resale value to be too low. I just feel it's worth more to me and my family to keep the damn thing. At least then we'll have an extra iPad.

I think I'm going to get an iPad air after Christmas but will keep my iPad as a backup or my my mother to use.

4. shelby77 thread starter macrumors newbie

After checking around, Macofalltrades will do $340... assuming they are reputable, or Amazon is $267. I have a broken iPad 2 that I can at least get $60 from Gazelle. I thought about giving it to my nephew, but suspect he will want the latest greatest. Locally craigs is doing $400-450 asking and I am may try that route first for 1 weekend. My advantage is I have 7 months of Applecare on mine.:confused:

5. boomdog macrumors regular

boomdog

AppleCare will defo be a good selling point. Stick an advert in as soon as you can so people see it before the weekend.

6. oldhifi macrumors 6502a

oldhifi

Amazon

I have sold, a laptop, a tablet, and my iPhone on Amazon with no problems..simple no scammers