Best place to sell the RAM that came with my iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by TX328F, Mar 30, 2013.

1. TX328F macrumors newbie

So I finally bought a late 2012 iMac and immediately upgraded the RAM. Now I want to sell the RAM that came with the iMac (branded Elpida).

Usually I sell my stuff in Amazon, but I just realized that to create a new listing I need to either find the same product in their store (they don't have it) or provide the UPC/EAN/GTIN code. Problem is, I cannot find anywhere the UPC code for part number Elpida EBJ41UF8BDU5-GN-F. I'm guessing this is stuff they sell to Apple but not to the public.

Any of you had the same problem? How/where did you sell your RAM?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I recommend hanging on to the original RAM. If you ever need to send your Mac in for service, it's a good idea to replace the original RAM, to make sure they don't accidentally keep your upgraded RAM. Also, it may be helpful to replace your original RAM for troubleshooting purposes, to isolate RAM-related issues.

3. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

^^ This, have to agree with GGJstudios, how much would you make on it, a few dollars!
    What if you get into trouble, it's so easy to troubleshoot RAM if you just flip in your old RAM.
    Plenty of people here seem to get RAM problems here, most just put in their old RAM after being told so here on MR and troubles are gone.

4. Payton macrumors regular

Payton

I'll third that. Hang onto it.
    You wouldn't get much for it, anyway.

5. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Do not sell the original RAM. Whenever your iMac needs repair, replacing your own RAM only gives another excuse for Apple technician to blame your sticks.

Put it off somewhere safe so you can plug it in again whenever it needs servicing