Best portable charger for £100?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by SmackBookPro, May 26, 2018.

1. SmackBookPro macrumors member

hi guys, been lately discovering the usefulness of my iPhone SE for making YouTube movies more and other battery draining features so I’ve decided to soon invest around £100 or possibly a bit more on the best charger box I can. But which brand and which features and capacities are worth it for the money? Must be a brand like Mophie and not an eBay special though for reliability and dependability and warranty

Let me know what you guys recommend. I also have a MacBook Pro 2016 so if it could charge it it’d be a bonus too!

2. 537635 macrumors 6502a

In my opinion - 100 pounds is an overkill for a portable charger for SE. Get an Anker 10.000 mAh and it should be enough for hours of footage. You will sooner loose natural light or space on the device than battery power. I use this, just recorded a couple of 2-hour timelapses over the weekend. Never even got close to 50% on the battery pack, iPhone was always at 100%.

https://www.anker.com/products/variant/powercore-ii-slim-10000/A1261011

Also for movie recording it is good if it is not too large or heavy. If you want to use the same thing for charging the MacBook Pro, it will add significant bulk.