Best Price for new tibook

taeclee99

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2002
Anywhere but here
I am looking for the best price for the new 1 gig tibook.
So far the best price I have found from club mac. They are selling the 1 gig tibook for 2899. No tax.

Any other good deals out there?

Don't tell me about student deals or "I am pretending to be a student developer so I can get a cheap price" offers. Cuz I don't qualify for them.

thanks

MacRoni

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2002
As I am aware, club mac offers the best deals on new 1Ghz powerbooks. I myself was able to take advantage of the student discound and was able to get the 'double your memory' deal as well. This deal is not available at club mac, therefore I didn't buy it there.

MacRoni

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2002
Oh, and by the way, I work at a computer retail store (insert name) and still couldn't get a better deal than at the Apple Edu store. Now if you don't go to college or cannot qualify for the edu discount, I highly recommend Club Mac.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
£2042 without VAT and that's for the 1GHz, Superdrive and 1GB RAM........ I have a dirty feeling that it's much cheaper in the U.S............

I must get me that job in San-Francisco........

vollspacken

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2002
Boogie-Down Berlintown
Originally posted by MacRoni
Oh, and by the way, I work at a computer retail store (insert name) and still couldn't get a better deal than at the Apple Edu store. Now if you don't go to college or cannot qualify for the edu discount, I highly recommend Club Mac.
...the edu discount in the apple store does not include salestax. the tax apple has to charge almost eats the price difference. since club mac is without tax, they are cheaper anyhow (found out as described in my other thread...), so I ordered from them (so you can say I got the superdrive for free)...;)

...maybe I buy a cute basic iBook for my mom for christmas:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.