Best procedure for Public Beta 9.1 users to downgrade to the official version of iOS 9?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by s2mike, Sep 15, 2015.

1. s2mike macrumors 6502

I know there are already a few threads floating around about this, but it seems like I'm seeing all sorts of different answers...so my apologies for starting another thread.

I've been on the iOS 9 Public Beta profile all summer, and am currently on iOS 9.1.

My last archived backup was back in July when I backed up iOS 8.4 via iTunes and then switched to the public beta profile.

I never archived an iOS 9 beta backup (because it was a beta), and now that I'm running 9.1 beta, I'm wondering what the best way to get back to the official iOS 9 would be.

I have everything synced with iCloud - should I just put my phone in recovery mode tomorrow and let iTunes update me to iOS 9? If I do that, will all of my iCloud info automatically re-sync?

Or is there a better way to handle this? I love 9.1 but when I get my iPhone 6s on the 25th, I want to stay with the official iOS 9 so I want to make sure I have a legit iOS 9 iCloud backup to restore from when I get the new phone. I don't wanna have to set it up as a new iPhone.

Thanks in advance.

2. eldervovichka macrumors regular

I would like to know as well! I am in the same boat as you, I am selling my 6 Plus and will need to do this after I get my 6s Plus.

Thanks!

Jeff

3. mblogsd macrumors member

Only one way to do that really and it's to restore the phone in iTunes to get it back to the non-beta version. Other than that, putting phone in recovery mode would work. Bottom of this article talks about it: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203282