Best remote photo/file viewer for iOS? Something like Air Video but for photos/files?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fs454, Jun 30, 2012.

1. fs454 macrumors 65816

Hey guys,

I just wiped my 1500+ item Camera Roll to gain some space back and was wondering if there's some sort of Air Video equivalent remote file viewer that isn't terrible? My current setup is a Mac Pro always on serving up video files to my iOS devices, but I'd love to extend that to photos and files as well. Right now I have all four of my hard drives opened up to Air Video and I can browse anything, but obviously only videos come up while browsing.

Has anyone used something like this that isn't a paid version of LogMeIn or a bunch of Dropbox space? I'm not looking for VNC or remote desktop, just a way to remotely browse files on my Mac Pro from my phone or iPad remotely. I'm willing to pay, just not for monthly cloud storage when I have my own computer capable of serving it up.

Thanks in advance.

2. citivolus macrumors 6502a

I use an app called ImageBank from Infinite Evolution Technologies. Works pretty well and should do what you are looking for. There's a free version available for you to try out first if you like.

3. RandonB macrumors newbie

If you will accept Windows solution, I can recommend remote photo viewer. Once you will run it on PC, you will be able to browse all your pics in Safari on iOS device.