Best replacement iPhone earbud style earphones (non in-ear) w/ remote and mic?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Bama91, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Bama91 macrumors newbie

I picked up the Klipsch Image S4 and I can't stand them. The isolation of having my ears plugged up drives me nuts. Also, when I talk on the phone, I am told that my voice is low. So...

What are some recommendations for the best iPhone earbud style earphone replacement? I know there is no way to get good bass with a hanging style, but is there anything out there that improves on the APPLS standard earphones? I also need the mic and remote to control my 3GS.

Thanks

2. iMarcos macrumors newbie

iMarcos

Generally speaking, earbuds that don't go in-ear tend to loose a bit on quality.

However, it's true that some people really don't like in-ear headphones.

Sennheiser's new MM70 iP (or the previous MM50) are in-ear headphones that don't insert too deeply, and thus are much more bearable, without sacrificing quality.

Otherwise I'd suggest you a good pair of portable on-ear headphones, like Sennheiser's PX100-IIi (open, over-ear), or PX-200-IIi (closed, around-the-ear).

3. chanerz macrumors 6502a

4. mrwinky macrumors member

If its got no high's and its got no low's... Its got to be BOSE....

Couldnt help myself I love that saying :)

Winky

5. Aeroflux macrumors member

Heh, yup and it's true. Bose concentrates on mids for the deaf people, which is slang for old people. Sad but true. I see it in my family. Harleys and Bose.

To the OP; I haven't researched a good pair of over-ear sets in a while, but last time I checked the Sennheiser PX100 was great for quality and price. Do yourself a favor and get one of these adapters so you can use any headset you like.

6. JoeRomero100 macrumors newbie

Apple's with some Earbud Covers

My personal opinion is that Apple makes a great pair of earbuds, especially for the money. I think the major problems with them are that they can be extremely painful after a short time wearing them and they can fall out easily. Those two issues can be quickly remedied with a pair of quality earbud covers. Steer clear of the awful foam or silicone tip ones (you will lose them almost immediately), rather go with the type that completely cover the entire earbud so they will not fall off. The other advantages you get with these types of covers are that they will make your earbuds extremely comfortable, they will keep them secure, they will repel dirt and moisture (major causes of speaker failure), they keep your little gray ring from coming apart, they make your earbuds sound a lot better, and they come in different colors. Hope this helps with your decision!