Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hacurio1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 13, 2002
I know this topic was very controversial. Did Apple cheated on the G5 tests? Many PC devotes will affirm “of course;” moreover, there are still articles published in the PC side bashing the results. There are many things that weren’t covered on this site and I thought it may be a good idea to inform people who didn’t follow the events closely. These are by far, the best responses I have found:

http://www.applelust.com/oped/amc/archives/amc030718.shtml

http://www.luxology.net/company/wwdc03followup.aspx

Very interesting to read. As always, there are two sides of one story.

patrick0brien

macrumors 68040
Oct 24, 2002
The West Loop
-hacurio1

I'm so tired of the "PC Sour Grapes" crowd desperately clinging to biased articles against the G5 that I've simply stopped trying to pound it through their skulls.

Many here would know, I'm usually quite open, and try to facilitate a good conversation about this, but those who belong to the "PC Sour Grapes" crowd, as stated, are a lost cause.

Anymore, I simply state: "You're wrong. Do some research."

And you know what? It actually works. Those that can utter words are usually saying "But! But!..."

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
It seems pretty obvious to me why there is so much bashing and whinning going on with the PC world over the G5--they are scared because the PowerMac is suddenly a force that makes a spash instead of a ripple in the computing world. I've witnessed quite the event after WWDC, also...my PC crazed friends started drooling after I showed them the keynote address. They may go on and on about how cool the P4 is and how it is going to be 3.4 GHz for Christmas and hyperthreating this and DDR that, but hearing stuff such as 1 GHz bus, 8 gigs RAM, PCI-X, optical audio, etc, it was enough to make even them question why they don't like Macs.

Sol

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2003
Australia
Its good to be Mac

It does not matter what "PC Sour Grapes" say at this point. Anyone who held off making a new PowerMac purchase because (a) G4s lacked the power and (b) Quark X-Press was not available would now have no reason to pass on a new Mac. The first generation G5s will be sold out for months to come and when the 2nd generation G5 PowerMacs are announced they will blow your socks to the moon. PC users are back to square one: wanting a Mac that they can't afford.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.