Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coolquasar

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2008
Hi guys,

I installed and activated the GTA4 :cool: PC version in my macbook runnin XP SP3 over bootcamp.

I din get much time to play...

So, which is the best settings to play GTA4 smoothly???

coolquasar

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2008
800x600, Low/Low, 1/1/1/0

I'm serious.

Hey, i was jus testin with some better settins, n i got this one to be workin perfectly....

800x600, Medium/High 10/11/22/0

This settings are workin super :cool: n the game flow is really smooth, even during misty weather....

Hawkofglory

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2008
Is that game good

And why did they possibly lower the ghz on the aluminum MacBook
I have old whitey and it's got 2.1ghz and 1 ram. How will it run with 4ram

coolquasar

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2008
Is that game good

yep, GTA 4 is an awesome game to be played...its more to be experieced than to be played...

:apple: Alu Macbook has a faster GPU, so its CPU clock is reduced, and moreover, it also saves few ions of cells in the battery, thus improvin the battery life as well...:)

ayeying

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
Hey, i was jus testin with some better settins, n i got this one to be workin perfectly....

800x600, Medium/High 10/11/22/0

This settings are workin super :cool: n the game flow is really smooth, even during misty weather....

I'm playing in Windowed mode w/ Stock bootcamp drivers. Gameflow is smooth but during fights, its crap without anything above 20 fps.

Is that game good

Your white MacBook probably won't be able to run this game. It chokes on a nVidia 9400M, the Intel X3100 wouldn't even be possible.

They lowered the Ghz by 0.1 because the chips offered for the 2.1GHz white MacBook use a T8100 Processor, which gave a 800MHz FSB and the new ones use P7350 which is a 1066MHz FSB. Apple could've gone with the P8400 (2.26GHz w/ 1066MHz FSB) but they didn't. The new aluminum macbooks use a completely different CPU from the older White MacBooks.

Furthermore, the older MacBooks use a 35Watt CPU while the newer Aluminum ones use a 25Watt CPU.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.