Best settings to run GTA4 in Alu Macbook 2.0Ghz?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by coolquasar, Jan 19, 2009.

1. coolquasar macrumors member

Hi guys,

I installed and activated the GTA4 :cool: PC version in my macbook runnin XP SP3 over bootcamp.

I din get much time to play...

So, which is the best settings to play GTA4 smoothly???

2. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

3. coolquasar thread starter macrumors member

4. coolquasar thread starter macrumors member

Hey, i was jus testin with some better settins, n i got this one to be workin perfectly....

800x600, Medium/High 10/11/22/0

This settings are workin super :cool: n the game flow is really smooth, even during misty weather....

5. Hawkofglory macrumors newbie

Is that game good

And why did they possibly lower the ghz on the aluminum MacBook
    I have old whitey and it's got 2.1ghz and 1 ram. How will it run with 4ram

6. coolquasar thread starter macrumors member

yep, GTA 4 is an awesome game to be played...its more to be experieced than to be played...

:apple: Alu Macbook has a faster GPU, so its CPU clock is reduced, and moreover, it also saves few ions of cells in the battery, thus improvin the battery life as well...:)

7. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

I'm playing in Windowed mode w/ Stock bootcamp drivers. Gameflow is smooth but during fights, its crap without anything above 20 fps.

Your white MacBook probably won't be able to run this game. It chokes on a nVidia 9400M, the Intel X3100 wouldn't even be possible.

They lowered the Ghz by 0.1 because the chips offered for the 2.1GHz white MacBook use a T8100 Processor, which gave a 800MHz FSB and the new ones use P7350 which is a 1066MHz FSB. Apple could've gone with the P8400 (2.26GHz w/ 1066MHz FSB) but they didn't. The new aluminum macbooks use a completely different CPU from the older White MacBooks.

Furthermore, the older MacBooks use a 35Watt CPU while the newer Aluminum ones use a 25Watt CPU.