Best sky storage for iPhone

Sniv

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2011
DK
Hi

What is the best sky storage program for iPhone besides iCloud?
Dropbox?
Box?

(I'm sorry I meant cloud storage not sky..in my headline)

Last edited:

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
I'm on SugarSync - their app is pretty decent and because you can choose what folders on each computer to backup, you can browse through each of your computers documents.

Sniv

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2011
DK
I'm on SugarSync - their app is pretty decent and because you can choose what folders on each computer to backup, you can browse through each of your computers documents.
Thanks for the comment :) I'll look into that one.

Sniv

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2011
DK
I use Gmail so maybe it would be logical to use Google Drive...5 GB sounds good as well..

Thanks for your replies :)

jediistar

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2007
Have to chime in here for Skydrive, I've been a huge fan of Dropbox and have close to 250GB of space thanks to smartphone reviews I do over for my website. Lately, I've been more interested in Skydrive, it's beautiful, it's intuitive, it just needs an iOS app update.

sk1wbw

Suspended
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
Cool. By just registering?
I think it was because I was a hotmail user for so long, they had a free 25 gig storage plan when you signed up for Skydrive. They decided to cut that back but gave existing users the same storage size they had before.

I have 21 gigs on Dropbox and I think 25 on Box.net, plus lots on Cloudapp and the standard 5 on Google Drive.

Which is why I don't need larger than a 16 gig iPhone. :)

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
Dropbox.

It is great my whole company uses it and it works cross platform so it does not matter if you are on Windows, Mac, iPhone, Android or Windows phone.

Sniv

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2011
DK
Dropbox.

It is great my whole company uses it and it works cross platform so it does not matter if you are on Windows, Mac, iPhone, Android or Windows phone.
I am hesitant when it comes to Dropbox and work. Recently a bunch of my colleagues who used dropbox had a virus.

I've been using Dropbox myself with no problems but it made me realise that maybe a few alternatives might be a good idea.

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
I am hesitant when it comes to Dropbox and work. Recently a bunch of my colleagues who used dropbox had a virus.

I've been using Dropbox myself with no problems but it made me realise that maybe a few alternatives might be a good idea.
Never had any type of virus problem, I would look at another cause as they ARE all "colleagues".

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
Dropbox is great as it's very pervasive in other apps. But other options provide a lot more free storage.