Best sleeve (not bag) currently available (not on pre-order) for the MBA ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Terwal, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Terwal macrumors regular

Hi,

What do you guys think is currently the best available sleeve for the MBA ?

- something to protect the MBA that you can then put in a bag (i.e. a sleeve ;))
    - that you can buy know and that is available (as opposed to the manila-thing or the orion sleeve by incipio: two great products but that don't really "exist" yet !!)

As well, surprised that the Superdrive didn't come with a protective sleeve in the box... Any solutions for that ?

Thanks...

w.

2. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

My wife makes these and you can request other colors such as black.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-MacBook-A...idZp1742.m153.l1262QQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

3. Terwal thread starter macrumors regular

4. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

Well I'll ask her and PM you. She's sleeping and I'm up waiting to see what Apple releases today. I use one for my Air as nothing came out in time and decided I'm just going to keep it instead of laying out a lot more money for one. It keeps it from scratching but I'm not sure I can say its fully padded. It is made out of a soft felt material and seems to do the job. She has sold quite a few and I know several from these boards with no complaints.:)

5. dahcheet macrumors regular

dahcheet

I bought one of these from teerexx52 in black. Shipped rather quickly. No padding on mine but I'm sure they might be able to make you a custom one with padding if you like. It's really just a sleeve made of fleece so your MBA is naked and exposed. Not a whole lot of protection from big things but it will protect it from getting scratched in a bag.

6. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

Yes, that's basically it. Good to protect it from scratches and slide in another bag.

7. gauchers macrumors newbie

Ordered the Shinza ZeroShock

I've used these for several years starting with my PB12, then my MB-Pro 17, and now my MBA (when it arrives). I don't think any sleeve provides as much protection. They already have the MBA version available and mine shipped last week.

http://shinza.com/product_info.php?cPath=9&products_id=105

8. skbt macrumors newbie

9. ddd269 macrumors regular

ddd269

Attached Files:

10. Terwal thread starter macrumors regular

11. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

Tom Binh brain cell. I just picked one up the other day. I'll admit it's not the prettiest solution, but in terms of protection it can't be beat.

12. CalMin macrumors 6502a

CalMin

13. pGr2201 macrumors newbie

I just picked up the incase neoprene sleeve from an :apple: store It now says for MacBook 13" and MacBook Air 13".

14. joegomolski macrumors 6502

joegomolski

I have a Waterfield MBA sleeve, and it's great. Got one for my MBP 2 years ago still looks new.

Oh, and you can do the "you deserve a break today" thing.

15. twynne macrumors 6502a

For those in the UK, I was in Micro Anvika in Selfridges today and they have the Tucano skins in stock for the Air in neoprene. Unlike previous Tucano skins (I've had both a 15" and 17") the Air model has an engineered flap inside that goes over the edge of your air to protect from the zip. I tried to find a pic on their website but no joy. They had both grey and black ones in stock. It was about £18 I believe.

16. .mark. macrumors 6502

Is this it? might check em out tomorrow

17. southcounty949 macrumors member

southcounty949

How long did it take you to receive yours? I have been waiting over 3 weeks now ...

18. PacMookBro macrumors regular

booq case

Get booq Vyper XS2 for MBA. I have the case for 15.4" MBP (Vyper M2) and it is a quality sleeve with adequate padding to protect the machine. It is stylish as well as functional. It never disappointed me on the go. I highly recommend it.

19. jameskohn macrumors 6502

20. steffi macrumors 6502a

Be careful with anything with zips. When I look at that design I see that you can easily brush your machine against the zip fastener. I think it's foolish to design cases with zips when you have a metal case.

21. devinci99 macrumors regular

Why go sleeve to protect from scratch when it's inside, and bulk up for laptop case? I'd go with this:

http://www.invisibleshield.com/laptop/apple/macbook-air.php

I got my this for my iphone and it protects it great from scratches. then I put it with my laptop bag when I need to transport it. You can get this for the MBA, then when you need to trasport it, use your laptop bag. Much better protection.

22. twynne macrumors 6502a

Yep - that's the one. They had plenty yesterday so should be in stock. I would guess the Anvika stores on TCR will also have them if that happens to be closer to you. :)

23. ExcelonGT macrumors regular

What padding? There's hardly any. i ordered the same sleeve and I was pretty disappointed. Just put your MBA in and feel the bottom edge. you're practically touching the edge of the MBA with just a piece of linen in between.

24. Xto macrumors newbie

Xto

Crumbler The Gimp 13

http://marryyourbag.com/?product=The_13''_Gimp&page=details&product_line=597

You can leave your MBA inside the sleeve and still use it...when ur done...zip it and go!