Best solution for hearing the purest sound from iTunes music downloads

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by applefan289, Jul 17, 2011.

1. applefan289 macrumors 68000

I have a question regarding sound quality when playing iTunes downloads.

I used to burn the songs I downloaded from iTunes to CD-Rs and they sounded great.

When I ran out of CDs, I decided it would be a good idea to just buy an iPod so I could just store all songs I downloaded onto one device. I decided to go for an iPod Shuffle because it seemed like the perfect solution for strictly music, and I could take it with me and hook it up to the car using an auxiliary cable.

Upon receiving the iPod Shuffle (current generation) and listening to it, I could immediately tell the sound was not as pure and clear as when I listen to it on my iPad or my Mac. I also assume that the Nano and Classic have this same sound quality. I had an iPod Touch (current generation) for a few weeks and the sound quality was on par with my iPad and Mac.

The loss in sound quality disappoints me because 1.) I'm not hearing the iTunes download in all its glory, and 2.) I use only this device to listen to my music (especially in the car).

What would you recommend I do considering my situation? Should I revert back to burning CDs?

2. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

Someone I know and whose opinion regarding music I value highly said this recently:

"In my work and personally I've owned or used the first gen ipod20 gb, 2nd gen ipod 40gb, first, second, and third ipod nano and ipod touches, and the 160 gb classic. The classic sounds best to me. The 2nd and third generation ipod touches sound good but they seem to color the sound more than the classic if that makes sense.

The newer nano sounds better but not as good as the touch or classic."

Hope this helps you.