Best Spokesmen the Dems Could Ask For

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by citizenzen, Apr 17, 2012.

1. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Keep it up Ted.

I can hear people flipping to the left with every word you speak.

You're doing a heck of a job, Teddy.

(5:00 minutes in for some of the good stuff)

2. eric/ Guest

eric/

I dislike that people like him are associated with the NRA. Not because I give a damn about the NRA, but because the NRA is the defacto representation for guns, and I own and support gun laws, so I usually get lumped in with that trash.

3. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

Even amongst the NRA there must be some respectable, intelligent, and dare I say, compassionate souls.

Ted's not one of them.

4. eric/ Guest

eric/

agreed

5. unkn0wnsoldier macrumors regular

unkn0wnsoldier

Wow. I'm a registered Republican and a fan of the 2nd amendment but this guy is over the top.

6. /user/me macrumors 6502

Oh god, you're right, that was juicy. So. Much. Sludge.

7. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Until the NRA starts pushing back, people like Ted Nugent become the face of the NRA.

Moreover, the NRA has played with incendiary language before; it took George H.W. Bush's resignation of his lifetime membership after a NRA letter called ATF agents "jack-booted government thugs."

8. Andeavor macrumors 6502

If the US where in any condition close to Syria or any other suppressed country run by some maniacal dictator who will have you shot before you can finish criticizing the government then I'd give people like him reason to fight for their gun-toting rights.

However, if you play your cards right in the US and work hard you can get through live without getting as much as a scratch, bitching and moaning about everything but your kitchen sink.

Those people need a reality check.

9. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Does anyone really take Ted Nugent seriously? The NRA is silly for allowing themselves to be defined by someone like that. He's a walking cliche.

10. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

I stopped a few minutes in.

But he seems to equate the right to have an arsenal of assualt rifles to the right to defend yourself if somone is attacking you. I don't follow, can someone explain?

11. Happybunny macrumors 68000

When I viewed this I thought it was parody of a gun nut.:eek:

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Apparently, Mitt Romney, the man who wants to be President of the United States, sought out his endorsement. The Romney campaign response:

If Obama has to own Bill Maher's remarks, then Romney owns this ****.

13. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I own guns. I'd prefer not to have government involved in my guns, but when I look at society, I'd support gun laws if and when I'm faced with that. Living in Texas... fat chance. ;) The NRA has been psycho about guns for at least the last 30 years standing in the way of any regulation for what can easily be viewed as a toxic substance.

14. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I can't find any info on Romney actually seeking such an endorsement, but that doesn't really mean anything one way or the other. If he's actually using Ted Nugent's support in any way, I hope it backfires on him. I don't personally watch Bill Maher, but people should really avoid taking the words of media pundits at face value.

15. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

When Ted Nugent says he'll probably be dead if Obama wins another term, he may very well be right.

The idiot's gonna burst an aneurysm if he keeps on hating like this.

16. 63dot, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2012

63dot macrumors 603

63dot

It seems more and more obvious that the guy lives for attention. He's not an A-list rock star anymore and if stupid remarks which offend everybody, including republicans, are the only way to be in the news, then so be it. But the OP's title says it all.:D

Also, this (below) in conjunction won't endear the Romney/Nugent connection to fundamentalist Christians.

http://www.examiner.com/liberal-in-baltimore/romney-supporter-ted-nugent-pedophile

-dot