Best thing in the new iphone is the heptic feedback and vibrations

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Arambo, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Arambo macrumors newbie

i realy injoy the the new vibrations ... Everytime i get a msg when the phone is in my hand i feel joy (yes i feel joy) there is just something magical in them... I want more ... I cant describe it ,its like a drug when you get it you feel something inside that says yahhhhhh that feels good...i want more

The short cycle is just so rewrding and different its very strange... Its the kind of thing that no one thinks about but when you get them you cant go back..

By the way if i over feel it i stop injoying it ... So i cant keep making it vibrate ...

This is the first topic for me
    I made this account and this post just to see if someone feels like me ...

2. soupcan macrumors 6502a

soupcan

The Taptic Engine is indeed a huge improvement over the regular vibration motor. It's able to make so many more vibrations that feel a bit different from each other. You 3D touched an app that doesn't support it? Have 3 light vibrations. You 3D touch an app that does support it? Have 2 slightly stronger vibrations. You peeked an email? Light vibration. Pop into it? Slightly stronger. It really works great.

3. Arambo thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes exactly and the pop feedback realy feels like you poped something ... Its genius ... The person who thougt about the taptic feedback is a genius and a forword thinker

4. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Go and sit on the washing machine whilst it's spinning, for even more thrills.:cool:

5. Arambo, Oct 17, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2015

Arambo thread starter macrumors newbie

Hhhh ... I think you dont have an iphone 6s and you are just trolling ... You dont know what i am talking about

6. qap macrumors 6502

qap

I like it for the normal notifications but I dislike it for the 3d touch! I don't like a "vibrating" phone everytime I tap on an icon or a link... I would like to have an option to disable it! :confused:

7. roeiz macrumors 6502a

roeiz

can anyone verify/describe the taptic vibrations in incoming calls please?

in my 6S plus - the taptic engine vibrates and has these little pauses,
    but when it pauses it feels a little weird, like the engine mechanically stops and then starts again?

just wanna make sure it's the same as in mine.

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Uh, yeah ok.

Vibrations of any kind on the phone is one of the first things I shut off. Period. It annoys the hell out of me. I want the phone to be silent when I tell it to be silent and a vibrating phone on silent is not silent.

I also hate haptic feedback. When I am pushing on a button I'm quite aware what I'm pushing, thanks.

Enjoy your vibrations…thing.

9. iDanny26 macrumors regular

iDanny26

I like how it works. It's completely changed from the vibrations on my 4.

This sounds a bit weird, but my favourite part so far is when you try to 3D touch an app that doesn't support it.

10. roeiz macrumors 6502a

roeiz

so can you also verify about the incoming call vibration?
    in between the vibrations it has these weird stops when you feel like a little "knock"?

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

Can't you adjust/change those just like before in the ringer settings to see how different ones work?

12. MaxBga macrumors regular

MaxBga

It's soon good. I can put my phone on the table when it's on vibrate mode and when I get a notification it doesn't make a loud sound like it used to. I love it.

13. roeiz macrumors 6502a

roeiz

didn't try that, was wondering if it SUPPOSE to feel this way (or is it a defect)

14. iphonedude2008 macrumors 65816

iphonedude2008

I definitely agree. The vibration has been much improved over the old rotary motor.

15. nia820 macrumors 68000

nia820

I like it as well. But my only issue is that there is no haptic feedback on the keyboard yet. That is one of the things I miss about having an android phone.

16. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

What is like best is you not feel it and do not hear a buzzing across room.

17. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

You've said it very well.

I am a proactive user with a very specific and efficient workflow I've refined over time. I don't need to be interrupted, nagged, or reminded for that matter.

I have a very heavy variable work load, if I used reminders like many others do I'd have so many bloody reminders popping off it would drive me crazy. Sometimes I wonder why so many people seem to be reactive workers. Work flows dictated by random interuptions, incoming emails and the like. These are the ones that love notifications as demonstrated on Apple Watch a "feature" that has its use, but can get out of hand easily unless managed, a task I'm not interested in.

No wonder some of us have zero interest in strapping on a gimmick with more reminders :eek:

18. iphonedude2008 macrumors 65816

iphonedude2008

You have just summarized my feeling about smart watches. At first I found it cool and maybe useful, but it gets very annoying and feels like a handcuff to the Internet.

19. thatanonymoususer macrumors regular

thatanonymoususer

It seems that Apple decided to change up the way that vibrations feel during a call, etc. If you want to change it up or even make it completely different,
    Settings->Notifications->Phone(or whichever app)-> sounds-> vibration

You can select any vibration pattern there or create your own. You can do something similar in the contacts app to make a vibrate pattern for a specific person.

20. roeiz macrumors 6502a

roeiz

yea this is quite nice indeed. and feels better.

21. AppleMan2015 macrumors regular

AppleMan2015

Funny thing is, I love this too hahah