Best time to buy a used iPhone? And what price to expect?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DDustiNN, Aug 1, 2012.

1. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

I'm looking to buy a Verizon iPhone for my mom. Either the 4 or 4s, doesn't matter. I've been watching some on eBay and they really seem to hold their value.

Just curious what kind of ballpark price range I should expect, for each model (4 and 4s). Preferrably 16 GB or more, probably not the 8.

As for the time frame, are prices usually higher just before or after a new model release? I mean with rumors of the new iPhone coming in September, should I start looking now for a 4/4s, or should I wait a couple months?

I'm hoping to spend around $200 at most, though I'm not sure how realistic that is. The 4s seems to go for nearly $400 it looks like. But if I were to snag a 4s, I'd probably give her my 4 I suppose.

I'm also not opposed to buying one with a cracked screen and replacing it. I'm actually interested in taking it apart and replacing parts (I've done it with previous phones, just never an iPhone).

Thanks guys :D

2. ApplesAndOrangs macrumors regular

Where do you live?

Prices will plunge a bit for the 4 and 4s when the 5 comes out. I would wait it out. Could probably get a nice 4 for about $200 then. 4s will be around $325-$350.

3. DDustiNN thread starter macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

I'm in Michigan, Detroit area. Thanks for the info!