Best to-do/lists app?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blizeH, Oct 17, 2011.

1. blizeH macrumors 6502

Hi,

Currently I use Wunderlist for lists, AwesomeNote for tasks with reminders and recurring tasks, and Do It (tomorrow) for a quick task list.

I'm thinking of ditching all of these, and exclusively using the new Reminders app - after a brief play it seems to be incredibly good, but are there any limitations (ie not being able to send lists to my girlfriends Android could be annoying) before I spend possibly hours copying and pasting between the apps? I'd hate to spend all of that time only to find out I then need to do it again for a different, better app.

So, any recommendations for a really good lists/to-do app please? Should I stick with the three I'm using now? Or will reminders do the job of all of them? thank you :)

2. blizeH thread starter macrumors 6502

3. pixelchild macrumors member

we have a similar situation.

i am a google fiend. i use gmail, gcal, gdocs, and tasks.

i am OCD about todo lists and i have them all in google tasks so that i can easily edit/create them on the pc or on my phone (i created a shortcut to the tasks page).

i also use tasks in outlook for work.

both tasks for gcal and outlook are cool and they are integrated into the calendar so you can set alerts though i never ever use it as such.

sorry i blab.

i am hesitant about using reminders though. if there was some integration to gmail, perhaps i'd use it, but the inability to export my todo list sorta sucks. i could do it in google tasks. it's not even on icloud.com.

i'm not quite sure how to use remindres. i really want to!

4. Fry-man22 macrumors 6502

Fry-man22

I think you may be worrying without cause. You can export a list of reminders that is synced through iCloud from iCal. You could export the GMail tasks, import them into iCal, and then rock on.

Note: as you can see in the screen shot, you can also share this list and other calendars from here.

Attached Files:

5. msarway macrumors 6502

msarway

program to sync reminders with gcal

Try this program if u use a mac i am not sure if it has a windows version i did not check. i am in the same boat i use ical and gcal and i just switched to a droid i have like 5o tasks and groups. i just found this the other day so i have not used it long let me know how it goes.

http://www.innov8tion.com/apps/igtask-for-ical/

6. Nikh macrumors regular

Actually, there is no problem with syncing reminders with iCal, even on Snow Leopard.
    I wrote an article about that: http://antlogic.com.ua/sync-ical-snow-leopard-with-icloud

Once Reminders tasks are synced with iCal, you can use any from the tonns of iCal-syncable applications, to sync with Google Tasks and others.
    Also, you can export them from iCal to VCard file which can be imported by almost all serious tasks applications.

7. CHSeifert macrumors 6502

CHSeifert

I use two apps.

Awesome note for all my lists.
    2Do for all my ToDo's

I haven't yet found anything that gives me better quality than these two apps, and certainly not one program that does it all. YMMV of course :)

8. HitchHykr macrumors 6502a

HitchHykr

Nice write up. Thanks!