Best to switch family to AT&T NEXT today, or switch it on Sat morning when I preorder?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mattcube64, Sep 10, 2015.

1. mattcube64 macrumors 65816

mattcube64

Currently have three lines on contracts, but all eligible for NEXT upgrades.

I have unlimited, the other two lines do not. Regardless, considering switching to NEXT for the new iPhone, with two lines upgrading when pre-orders go live.

What's the safer bet so I don't run into any issues: flip my AT&T account to NEXT today; or try to flip my account to NEXT on Saturday morning when I order from Apple.com.

2. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure your account will automatically switch to Next when the new iPhone activated.

3. Stlcheer macrumors regular

From what I understand is that to switch to NEXT you would have to purchase a phone at that time. So you should wait until preorders and it will give you the option to preorder with NEXT.

4. Ninerboy81 macrumors regular

Ninerboy81

This. You can only switch to next when you actually get a new phone so during preorder. The answer to your question is during preorder. But your account will NOT reflect until you activate the new phone when it arrives at your house.

5. nostresshere macrumors 68030

NEXT is a phone financing plan. You can not switch to it with something to finance (new phone). NEXT is not a service plan either.

On a related note.... are you on the best SERVICE plan right now?

Let me repeat. NEXT is one of the EQUIPMENT PURCHASE options. It is not a service plan.

6. Aibocyrus macrumors 6502

Aibocyrus

Hey! So I work for AT&T. So I can answer this for you.
    You can switch to the mobile share value plans at any time. If you're keeping your plan the same though, just upgrade with NEXT on Saturday. Next is a type of way to upgrade, just think of it that way.
    Now, if you're talking about switching your plan over to a mobile share value plan, do it ahead of Saturday. That way all you have to do is go in and do the pre order. You don't want to waste any time. Usually by the time we open our doors at 9 am on pre order day, the wait times for phones is already nearing two weeks by the first customers

7. Four oF NINE macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

Regarding your advice to use the at&t app to pre-order the iPhone: the app store shows about 6 at&t apps, which one do you recommend?